Upgrading from Version 7.X.XX
IMPORTANT: Back up the calendar files and database before upgrading. The upgrade process will keep all calendar settings. However, if the default templates or themes have been modified or any other file(s) were customized, back up those files first, follow the upgrade instructions below, then restore the modified file(s) afterwards.
1) Download the newest calendar files from the Client Area.
2) Unzip and delete the install directory from the uncompressed files.
3) Upload all of the remaining files over the current calendar installation on the server.
4) Immediately log into the calendar to complete the upgrade process. If this is not completed, it is possible that a user will accidentally execute the upgrade script and may be confused with the output (although it should not cause any issues).
SPECIAL NOTE!: If upgrading from 7.0.00 - 7.0.02 to a newer version for the first time, you must also replace the calendar/config.inc.php file with the config.inc.php.new file. After replacing that file, you must also either copy the database settings from the old config file to the new one, or re-run the install script to reconnect to the database.
Upgrading to 7.0.XX from Version 6.4.X
NOTE: It is recommended to be running the latest version of Easy PHP Calendar 6 (6.4.2) before performing the upgrade for the best possible database conversion. However, if it is not possible to upgrade Version 6 first, you may continue to follow these upgrade instructions but the results can not be guaranteed.
The converter script that will import events and category information from Version 6 into Version 7 is available in the Support / Downloads section of the Client Area.
IMPORTANT: If there are modified CSS themes or templates from Version 6 or if any other customized file(s), follow the upgrade instructions below then restore the custom file(s) to the Version 7 directory afterwards.
1) Install Version 7 into a separate directory than Version 6 (or rename the Version 6 directory and use the original directory name for Version 7).
2) Complete the Version 7 installation process and remove the install directory when instructed. *By default, the V7 database prefix will be different than V6 if you were using mySQL with V6. Do not use the same database prefix in V7 that you used for V6 as this will delete your V6 events.
3) [Optional] All events in Version 7 are now assigned to an owner as well as a group. By default, V7 will assign the V6 imported events to the V7 Administrator user and the Public group (so everyone can view the events without logging into the calendar - just like V6). To assign the V6 events to a different owner or group, set those up in V7 now.
4) Download the converter, unzip the files and upload the entire convert directory to the root of the new V7 directory.
5) Open the calendar/convert/index.php file and follow the on-screen instructions to perform the conversion.
6) Remove the convert directory when instructed (VERY IMPORTANT!).