1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Zend to IonCube version

Discussion in 'General Support' started by David r, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi
    I need to move my calendar to the IonCube version because of server issues. Is this possible and how do you change from Zend to IonCube?

Thanks

David
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Yes you can. It is as easy as following the upgrade instructions with the version that you want to use.
  3. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

What are the error messages?
  4. I had to revert back to the original so that it could be used, but it did say something about installing IonCube app I think.
  5. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

If your server doesn't allow for Dynamic Loading of extensions, then you will need to modify your php.ini in order to load the ionCube loader.

You can upload the folder "ioncube" that is inside of the ionCube version of the calendar to your server, and then go to yoursite.com/calendar/ioncube/ioncube-loader-helper.ini. That file will help you figure out what you need to do to enable ionCube. Then, once that is done, you can redo the upgrade steps.
  6. I downloaded the calendar folder again, there is know ioncube folder inside the folder?

This is for the latest version
  7. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

You need to follow the instructions of the tester script to get the ioncube files you need for your server.
  8. I just get error messages which don't mean anything to me!

Please correct that error and try again. You may wish to view the following for further help:
    Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/etc/php.d/bcmath.ini) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/eh7340) in /www/eh7340/public_html/tester/loader-wizard.php on line 848

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/etc/php.d/dba.ini) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/eh7340) in /www/eh7340/public_html/tester/loader-wizard.php on line 848

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/etc/php.d/dbase.ini) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/eh7340) in /www/eh7340/public_html/tester/loader-wizard.php on line 848

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/etc/php.d/dom.ini) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/eh7340) in /www/eh7340/public_html/tester/loader-wizard.php on line 848
  9. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

I'm guessing here that the ionCube helper is trying to load all files used to configure PHP, which your host has put restrictions on so that you can't see the config.

I would say you can disregard those error messages.

Do you have a link where we could view the Tester for ourselves?
  10. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

That's exactly what it's doing. It is checking all of the configuration files to see if there already is a line defining to load the ionCube loaders. Since there's an open_basedir restriction in effect, the tester can't verify the configuration.

If you cannot create your own php.ini (this depends on the host) then you're likely going to have to involve your host so that they can add the required configuration.

However, I have to ask this... Have you tried the suggested instructions from the loader?

11. Yes I have downloaded the the file and added on the server but as from the output it did not make any difference.
  12. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

You should probably contact your host and request that they enable ionCube support, or give you the instructions on how to do so.

Once that is resolved, then we can continue helping with the conversion to the ionCube version of the calendar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.