1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

where to install calendar if WP install is not in root directory?

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by lauras2009, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I am trying to install the calendar into WordPress on my local machine. My WP install is two levels down from the server root directory, i.e., /wordpress/JCDS/ .

Where should I put the calendar so that it will work?

I am assuming that the code that goes into the header.php file will have to be adjusted accordingly (depending on where the calendar directory goes).

Similarly, if I want to create a WordPress "page" that calls the calendar (I do not want to put it in the sidebar), do I just create a page and use this code (again, adjusted for wherever the calendar directory will go)?

<?php require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>

?

Thank you very much,
    Laura S.
  2. I played around with it and figured it out. I started with the whole path:
    /root/next-dir/next-dir2/next-etc/etc/ and then tried deleting the first slash / and reloading the page, and then deleting /root, and reloading the page, and then deleting /root/, and reloading, and then deleting /root/next-dir, reloading, etc.

Trial and error finally worked and I figured out the right path.
  3. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Sorry for my delay to respond... Have a look at the tutorial on how to install EPC in WP Part 1 and Part 2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.