1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

whats wrong? lost all categories

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Andreas, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andreas

Andreas New Member

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

There are very minor differences between the versions that you upgraded. They would not have affected your categories as nothing was changed with this code. The categories are in the config.inc.php file. This file should NOT be overwritten in the upgrade process. You can look in this file for the categories variables and see if they are listed. If not, you may need to restore a backup of the config file.

It seems some of the files that should have been uploaded weren't updated on the server. Please make sure all of the files listed in the upgrade instructions have been uploaded to the server.

3. Andreas

Andreas New Member

big problem

I don't know what I made wrong - it was not the first upgrade, I made. But fact is: I can't open the calendar

Invalid Access - 8

is that, what I read. And however: all categories are lost and many hours of work.

What could I do now?

Andreas

4. Brian

I think this part of the upgrade may not have been done?

5. Andreas

Andreas New Member

it works - but the categories are lost

Hi Brian,

thank you - now I have access to the calendar :), but unforunately got the categories lost.

Is there any possibility to reconstruct them?

Or, if not possible, would it be important, make an automatic backup from all important files as a new part of the calendar before installing an upgrade?

Andreas

6. Brian

How do you mean they are lost (noting in the config file or Setup Manager)? They are stored in the config.inc.php file (which isn't overwritten by the process in the upgrade instructions).

Look for epcCategories.

Is that in there with your categories?

7. Andreas

Andreas New Member

"lost"

Hi Brian,

I can not read the categories in the setup-manager, the config.inc is not the same - but the events are all there, thats important. Thank you for your help.

Andreas

8. Brian

Do you have a backup of your config file? You may be able to restore them from there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.