1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

What on Earth is Wrong Now?

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by bobaround, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We love the look of this calendar. So much so, we've been struggling for 24 hours now to get it implemented, but feel we've reached an impasse without more experienced advice.

We have a WordPress site, running on GoDaddy/Linux. The demoTOC.php file looks fine running off our site directly, without WordPress involved:

But we keep having some weird problem where WordPress doesn't understand the php command properly, even though it does clearly see the calendar software and does something with it. Take a look:

Does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks....
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Yes.

One, you're missing the $CSS line - which is why the theme isn't showing up. See my website for an integration tutorial.

Two, something in your WP is converting the " in the code to ” - which is why the navigation button is broken up. This has been addressed before in the forums. You'll likely find it, but I'll try to find and link the threads here.

Three, to get a painless integration, it's likely that you'll need to convert to the default style permalinks otherwise you might run into navigation issues. See my integration tutorial.
  3. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Here. The issue is with something called "smart quotes", and it's the "wptexturize" filter's fault.
  4. Changed our minds...

So we decided that we are not going to use the calendar in our wordpress site because we couldn't afford to convert to the default style permalinks. However, we are going to create another html page with the TOC style. During that the time we were creating the page, our trial period expired so we purchased the license. Now the TOC demo page looks like this with a license key error:

http://www.bowdonmedia.com/cmtv/calendar/demoTOC.php

Please advise...
  5. License Error...

The license error is now gone and license status states:
    Status: Full License + Remove All Copyrights and Remove Name

We still have the issue that it's not looking correct. Please help...
  6. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

You're still missing the $CSS section in your <head>, item 1 from my previous post.

As an alternative to changing your permalinks, you can create a page outside of WP and have only the calendar on it (like demoTOC.php for example). Then inside of WP, use an iframe and link to that page. *I don't have a tutorial on that.
  7. That's what we are going to do, but the link I sent you is referring to the demo files we downloaded from you guys. There worked at one point and now they don't. the demoTOC.php does have the $CSS section...

Any idea why it's not working?
  8. This is the actual link: http://choicemedia.tv/calendar/demoTOC.php As you can see again, there is no license error and this is the demo file that we've downloaded from you guys.

-We have abandoned the whole Wordpress thing, and what I am going to do is use the iframe idea to put it in our wordpress page (which I already tested and works great), however the demo file that has the CSS line isn't working. I realize I said this in a previous post, but I wanted to make sure I am explaining it correctly.

Please advise.
  9. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

10. What are you telling us to do, once we've logged into the Setup manager via the actual URL of the domain? Change the value of a variable called "$urlPATH"? If so, we don't see where in the Setup manager to make such a change.
  11. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

No no... if the file /calendar/calendar.php is unsecured (security is set to 646) then when you log in to the Setup Manager, the URL will be fixed automatically.

If that doesn't fix it, then you can open /calendar/calendar.php and fix the value manually.

This happened because you logged into the Setup Manager while using the hosting domain, instead of the actual domain.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.