1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

What is the table name???

Discussion in 'General Support' started by heritagelost, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just bought escal.

I created mySQL database escal

I run setupSQL.php

setupSQL.php is a success

It creats 1 table named with "" as the table name

The automated setup asks for database info. It was table name. I've never seen anything require a table name, but the table created by setupSQL is named ""

When I enter "" as the table name I get

There was an error reading data from the mySQL database.

However,the connection to the database was successful!

You should run the installation script,setupSQL.php to set up the database.

The error was reported as:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near '"" WHERE startDate<='2005-1-' AND endDate>='2005-1-01'' at line 1

THE INSTRUCTIONS TELL ME NOTHING!

If I run setupSQL again it says, database already created.
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

When you create a mySQL database connection several things are required:

Server Name
    User Name
    User Password
    Table Name

The server name is generally "localhost". The user name and password should be set to the login credentials of the user of the mySQL database.

The table name is set to a name where the actual data is stored within the database. You should set this to something like escal or calevents, or anything that isn't a reserved mySQL name (like calendar).

If you like, please PM me your Setup Manager login information and I'll take a look. :classic:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.