1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

What exactly is the Pop-ups?

Discussion in 'General' started by swong, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I'm just about to make the purchase, but just a question before doing so. There is an option that says:

"Copyright Removal from Pop-ups **"

What exactly do you mean by "pop-ups"? From my understanding, it could mean 2 things: either the calendar has pop-ups, or you meant the roll over effect when the mouse pointer moves to a day where an event exists?
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

You actually have both options. The roll-over effect and an on-click pop-up (both of which are pop-up stopper friendly for IE and FireFox and possibly many others.)
  3. Re

Ok, that's really neat,

However you didn't actually mean those annoying pop-ups advertising products/companies right?
  4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

No, there are no ads in the calendar script. The pop-ups would contain event data that you would enter and display only when selected. :classic:
  5. Re

Thanks Brian for the quick replies.

I have one final question (not relating to pop-ups).
    I want to be able to let users add events as well (as opposed to just the administrator adding events). Is that possible? Or do the users have to login as administrator before adding events?

Basically, are we allowed to make the event manager open to everyone, and let them add/remove events?
    The problem is that there are many people who want to use this calendar, and I dont want them to gain access to the administrator's username & password. Thanks!
  6. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Well actually, the events administrator and the configuration administrator are two different users... so they can each have their own passwords independantly. There's also a way that you can set up a URL to pass the username and the password to the script so that they don't have to log in...

If you want to have different users, each having to log in to add/edit events, you can look forward to the release of version 6.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.