1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Version 6.1.0 Beta Testers Needed!

Discussion in 'Other Announcements' started by Brian, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

:: Beta is Closed ::

There are many exciting features being added to Version 6.1.0 which is nearing completion. I'll need some Beta testers to do some final testing.

If you're interested in testing this new version, the files can be downloaded from:

http://www.easilysimplecalendar.com/beta61/

Please post any errors or bugs in this thread. It is also helpful to post that everything is working as expected. [​IMG]

Changes in this version include:

• Added the option to delete a single occurrence of repeating or floating events.
    • Adjusted paths in the Event Administration for better compatibility with particular server configurations.
    • Added the System Utilities page in the Setup Manager to perform various system tasks.
    • Added a version check function to the System Utilities page.
    • Updated Menu Options in Setup Manager for consistency.
    • Moved the categories CSS to it's own directory for easier editing and Event Administration compatibility.
    • Changed the layout of the Event Manger for enhanced usability and a cleaner interface.
    • Made significant optimizations to the date marking algorithm for recurring events.
    • Added the "Add more events" option to the Event Editor. This will save the current event then pull up a new add form.
    • Added Start Year and End Year options to the General section of the Setup Manager.

2. jabi

jabi New Member

Added repeating event, starting 4/19/05, repeat every week for 5 events. 1st entry doesn't appear until 5/3/05 with 4 occurrances. Last entry (5/24/05) does not show information in pop-up.

Testing at http://vistaroyale.org/beta/demo.php

Brian, my login and password for the admin section are the same as they were for the first ver. 6 beta testing. Also using the same ones for the setup. If you need them again, I'll send them via PM.

3. Brian

Can you send me the login information again, especially to the event manager?

Thanks.

4. Brian

Nevermind... I was able to repeat that on my development server.

Can you tell me how the System page worked in the Setup Manager?

5. jabi

jabi New Member

Not sure what you mean. The following system info was automatically completed:

Installed Version: 6.1.0 [ionCube Encoder]
    Current Release Version: 6.014
    Version Status: The installed version is up to date!
    Download Link: Click Here to view the download page on the EasyPHPCalendar web site.

6. Brian

This has been fixed and will be in the next Beta release.

7. Brian

Great! That's what I needed to know.

8. Brian

Can you test this:

Try this with both the Beta and the any other release of Version 6.

Add several monthly and weekly events that occur every month/week indefinitely.

In the event manager, skip to the year 2100 and see how long each takes to load the page after clicking go.

9. jabi

jabi New Member

Have added approximately 8 events so far in the beta version. Minimal delay (less than 1 second) to jump to 12/2100 or back to today. Need to go to a Hurricane Preparations committee meeting now but will continue testing this afternoon with the 6.014 version.

10. Brian

You're starting early with the meetings. We haven't even discussed when ours will be yet... [​IMG]

11. jabi

jabi New Member

Have added a few recurring events in version 6.014 and noticed a significent increase in the length of time required to jump to 12/2100 and back. I added about 1/2 the number of entries and noticed that it takes least 2 to 3 times longer than observed in version 6.1.0.

Both versions are running on the same server and test were done back-to-back to minimize any variations in server load or internet traffic that might have an impact.

12. Brian

Great. That means the optimizations are working! [​IMG]

I should have a new Beta ready within the hour...

13. Brian

There is a new Beta now on the server. Please download and try this new Beta. All known issues have been resolved.

14. jabi

jabi New Member

Recommend that the instructions for upgrade, as written in the instructions.htm, should note that the new file, calendar.php, needs to have the permissions set as per #3 at the top under Installation.

15. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Just installed the beta... install went flawlessly, using the IonCube loader on a Debian Sarge install

Linux debian 2.4.27-1-686-smp
    PHP 4.3.9-1
    mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.23

Noticed on the System page, there's a "Save Changes" button, but there's no information that's changeable.

I'm going to start testing a bit more now, and I'll try to complete the French language file too.

16. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

I've started working on the language file before doing my testing and it seems that there's a few spots that aren't using the language file (probably hard coded).

I'll get some screenshots of all the places I can find.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  17. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  18. Brian

New Beta is available NOW!

All known issues have been resolved.

There have been some major changes to the code in this Beta. Please retest everything. [​IMG]

19. Brian

New Beta is available NOW!

All known issues have been resolved.

Please post if everything is okay or if you find any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.