1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

UTF-8 characters not displaying correctly

Discussion in 'General Support' started by jj01, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jj01

jj01 New Member

Hi

I have read the other posts on the forum but still can't get spanish characters to display correctly. I have set the Database Type to UTF8 and also selected Character Set : UTF=8 in the General Display settings but the calender shows this: LEP I Cl�sico

Is there anything else I need to setup?

Thanks

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Can you post a link to your calendar page with the issue?

3. jj01

jj01 New Member

link

If you select Septiembre 2010 from the drop down options, the events start there.

Thanks for the swift response.

4. Brian

Did you enter these events before everything was set to UTF-8?

Try re-entering one of the events and see if that changes anything.

5. jj01

jj01 New Member

Hi Brian

Unfortunately I still have the same problem. The new event is in Junio 2010 : link

Any other ideas?

Many thanks.

6. Brian

I see the calendar demo pages are displaying correctly and I'm assuming the Event Manager is as well. So something on the integrated page is changing the encoding.

I tested your CSS and didn't find any issues with it. Unfortunately, you're going to need to try a process of elimination to see what is on the page that is changing the encoding.

7. jj01

jj01 New Member

Hi Brian

Thanks for looking into this.. I have removed the accented characters as a temporary fix however, I also noticed that when I enter Spanish text in the setup manager eg replacing 'single day event' with 'Torneo de un día' when I hit save it changes to 'Torneo de un dÃ*a'

... even more strange is that the days of the week eg sábado which I copied in from another website have saved correctly!

Is there anything else you can suggest?

Thanks

8. Brian

Try editing the config.inc.php file directly and change the variable to be "Torneo de un día" and upload the changes to your server.

9. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Try changing your page encoding to ISO-8859-1 aka Latin-1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.