1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Using EasyPhpCalendar in Joomla 1.5

Discussion in 'Mambo/Joomla Integration' started by the_idol, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is my first attempt at this so bear with me. The code in the attached file was tested on joomla 1.5.7. There is no error checking as I only wrote it for my site. The module does allow you to turn off popup events in some cases, but they must be turned on in the setup section of EasyPhpCalendar

If you installed somwhere else you will need to modify the mod_escal.php file to reflect those changes

I installed EasyPhpCalendar in the top directory of my joomla website
    I installed it in the "calendar" directory
    My directory Structure looks like this
    administrator
    cache
    calendar
    components
    images
    includes
    language
    libraries
    logs
    media
    modules
    plugins
    templates
    tmp
    I followed the install instructions from EasyPhpCalendar and everything went fine.
    I add some events and looked at the demo files just to make sure it worked.

then I edited the templateDetails.xml file located in templates/current template name/ of the joomla installation.
    I added "<position>epc</position>"
    to the positions section and saved it.

I then logged into the backend of the joomla site
    I selected "extentions > Install/Uninstall"
    I selected the package I made "mod_escal.zip"
    and selected Upload File and Install

Then I selected "extentions > Module Manager" and I enabled "EasyPhpCalendar"
    for position I selected "epc"
    Module parameters -> Calendar Display Type -> Text on calendar
    advanced parameters -> TOC Calendar Navigation controls (you can hide the calendar navigation her if you want)

I created a article and added this to the page "{loadposition epc}" no quotes
    I turned off front page and saved it.
    Next I went to "Menus > Main Menu"
    I selected New > articles > Article > Article layout
    Give it a title and in Parameters Select the article we just created

Preview your site and select the menu item you just made and it dsplay the TOC calendar

If you want a mini calendar let's say on the left side, create a new module -> EasyPHPCalendar
    Module paramenters -> Calendar Display Type -> Mini
    give it a name select position left and preview the site and it should show up in the position you selected.

There are many parameters that can be set so take a look.

The Idol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.