1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

User Question

Discussion in 'General' started by theknight571, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theknight571

theknight571 New Member

This may have been answered somewhere and I just didn't hit it with the right search terms etc. So I apologize in advance if that is the case.

I'm looking over your product and think it will be perfect for my site's needs but I do have a question:

Can I limit a user's ability to edit events to a particular category?

For example:

A "master" account loads all default events and categories, then an "editor" for each category can go in an edit only those events in their assigned category.

I'd like the "master" account to have full access, but I don't want Group A's leader changing the events for Group B.

Thanks

2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

This is not possible with the current version. All users have full access to all events. The user management system is changing in the next version of the calendar.

3. Danwest

Danwest New Member

That's interesting. I've already posted a question about new user registration. My hope would be users could only edit or delete events they created.

Submitted events would need to be approved by Admin first before being visible. Trusted users could be assigned to a group(s) that wouldn't require Admin approval before the event becomes visible.

Sincerely;
    Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.