1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Uninstall problems phpnuke

Discussion in 'PHP-Nuke Integration' started by hasoere, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hasoere

hasoere New Member

Hi

I had easy php calendar installed, and it worked fine. However suddenly things stopped working. I get this error:

Site error: the file /home/samfunn/samfunnet.com/html/calendar/functions/functions.inc.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

I have tried everything suggested in other posts in this forum but nothing helps. So i tried uninstalling it. I deleted the calendar folder, and the block and module too. Now i get a blank page. Cant get anything to work at all. I tried installing a fresh phpnuke installation linked to the same sql-base and it worked. Does calendar make any modifications to nuke files, and what files are these?

This is my page: www.samfunnet.com
    This is my test page: www.samfunnet.com/test

-hasoere

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

It sounds like your web host provider upgraded PHP and you needed a new loader from http://www.ioncube.com/loaders to make the ioncube decoder up to date.

If you're getting blank pages, most likely the files were corrupted when they were uploaded. See the Errors FAQ in my sig below.

3. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

That's not the same issue Brian, but you are correct that it seems the host upgraded, or somehow modified, the PHP installation. Hasoere, yes there are Nuke files that are modified/added. These are outlined in the package. Off the top of my head, it is in /*nuke*/includes/custom_files/custom_head.php. Since in that file, there's a "require" that points to a calendar file, if the calendar file is no longer there, the whole PHP page will stop loading.

If you have an older version of PHP-Nuke, it is possible that the file would be /*nuke*/includes/my_header.php. If you have that file, do not delete it. Simply edit it to remove the lines that were added for the calendar. There is some code in that file that is required for Nuke to work properly. If you delete the file, your Nuke installation will not work.

4. hasoere

hasoere New Member

Yes I found out that i had to delete the folder custom_files to get the page to work. Unfortunately I have given up the whole ioncube issue as my provider dosen't know what it is. I might have to change provider, but for now I have to use a different calendar software. Thanks for help!

-hasoere

5. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Before giving up on it, you should try the Tester Script again. It is possible that the other option, Zend, is now compatible.

6. hasoere

hasoere New Member

7. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Is it possible that you had the PHP4 version of the calendar installed before? And now the host would've updated their PHP version to 5. Try downloading the version of the calendar that the Tester tells you to use, and give that one a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.