1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Two Separate Calendars on one Domain

Discussion in 'General' started by WGD, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WGD

WGD

Is it possible to have two separate calendars, each with their own MySQL database?

The situation is this, the domain fcandbh.co.uk will need to separate two different calendars.

One to be located at http://www.fcandbh.co.uk/framlingham-college/calendar/ and another at http://www.fcandbh.co.uk/brandeston-hall/calendar/

Each of these calendars will be administered by different people and the calendars will contain different events.

I have already set up the calendar on the first url, but can I use the Set Up Manager for the second calendar to create the database, or will it overwrite the one already created for the first calendar?

Also will I need two seperate licenses for these calendars?
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

You'd have to do a separate install for the other group. If you are going to be using the same database, you'd have to edit the config.inc.php to change the table name. By default it is set to epc_calendar. Once you've changed the table name, then you can complete the setup for the second install by running the setupSQL.php link.

As for the licensing, you have to think of it as paper calendar replacement. If your events would go on separate paper calendars, then you should buy a second license.
  3. WGD

WGD

Excellent, I have now got the second calendar installed and taking entries from its own table in the database.

I thought it would require two licenses, and think it is worth every penny (or cent in fact) :eek:)

Thanks for your help today.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.