1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Trial license expiry, database connection

Discussion in 'Installation / Upgrade Questions' started by bnielsen, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnielsen

bnielsen Brian N

Hi --

I'm working on setting up easyCal , first php experience.

On my /calendar/setup/index.php page, I see the following message:

Trial License Has Expired!

To continue using the Easy PHP Calendar, Click Here[/url] to purchase a license.

I also see the following at the top of that page:
    User: jvblake

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() []: Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/ucevanst/public_html/calendar/setup/integrity.php on line 36

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info[/url]]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/ucevanst/public_html/calendar/setup/integrity.php on line 36
    There was an error connecting to the mySQL database.

The error was reported as:

Access denied for user 'jvblake'@'zerowing.vosn.net' (using password: YES)

I'm unclear about both the trial license (I initially started this a couple of weeks ago, got busy with other things, and didn't get back to it) and the appropriate username/password that should be used. I set up a special username & password when initially starting the installation process.

Any ideas?

Brian
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Trial is for 7 days. Once the trial is expired, you'll see the notice, and the calendar will display only one event at a time (even if you have more than that entered).

As for the user/pass problem that you're experiencing, that's a MySQL error. You need to use credentials that have access to the database that you want to use for the calendar. They are not related to the username and password that you created when you ran the setup for the calendar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.