1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Text Wrap in TOC Mode works in IE but not Firefox

Discussion in 'Customizations (Themes / Templates)' started by KathyB, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KathyB

KathyB New Member

I followed the instructions found in FAQ (shownn below) to allow the text to wrap in TOC mode, but it only works in IE, not Mozilla Firefox. Is there a way to get this to work in Firefox?

Open the esstyle.css file in the theme directory that you're using (probably default).

Look for this:

.titleTOC {
    text-overflow:ellipsis;
    overflow:hidden;
    white-space:nowrap;

padding: 1px;
    margin: 0px;
    }

Remove the lines in bold.

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

This should work for FireFox.

Did you try clearing your cache?

Can you post a link to your page?

3. KathyB

KathyB New Member

It seems to be working now. I went in this morning and added a <br> just to get it to wrap, but when I removed the <br> just now so I could post the link for you to see the problem, it still wraps, so problem solved.
    Thanks!
    KB

4. mrhoton

mrhoton New Member

Text Wrap

Hello Kathy and Brian...

I seem to be experiencing the same situation. I am using the trial version to see if EasyPhp will be suitable for the school website. I setup a test page for you to view. I deleted the same lines of CSS that Kathy stated below and that didn't seem to take care of the problem.. Any suggestions? This may be an easy fix, I am on a tight deadline to get a calendar up and running before next week, and I like what I have seen so far!!

http://www.powhatanschool.org/test.php

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Matt

5. Brian

You're not using TOC mode. You're using List Mode, so the previous poster's resolution won't be the same for you...

If you've modified the template, please restore the default then we can see what needs to be done to make this fit in your page.

6. mrhoton

mrhoton New Member

Brian.

Thanks for the quick response, I restored the template back to its default settings. My apologies for not paying attention to the TOC mode.

My center column is 400px with a margin of 10px, so I was trying to fit the list of events at a width around 380px if that would work.

Matt

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  7. Brian

It looks like you got it to fit now?

8. mrhoton

mrhoton New Member

Brian.

I had a bit more time to play around and think I got a working solution especially in my time crunch. Can I show just one "category" on this page for the month of August? Then another category on a different page? Thanks again for your help.

Matt

9. Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.