1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Tester doesn't detect Optimizer: Fail - Installed Version: + 4.

Discussion in 'Installation / Upgrade Questions' started by josegozo66, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am running the Tester script on a Zend Server Community Edition but it failds to detect the Optimizer+. The message displayed is:
    Fail - Installed Version: + 4.

Do you know why it doesn't detect it?

The latest 'stand alone' version of the Zend Optimizer doesn't support PHP 5.3.1 and Zend won't ship any more 'stand alone' versions...support for PHP 5.3.1 is included on the Optimizer that is part of Zend Server CE.

Below is the configuration I have:
    PHP Version: 5.3.1
    Zend Server CE version: 5.0
    Zend Server Build: ZendServer-CE-5.0.0GA_RC181-5.3.1-Windows_x86
    Web Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8k
    Web Server OS: Windows 7
    Zend Data Bache: On
    Zend Debugger: On
    Zend Guard Loader: Not Installed
    Zend Java Bridge: Not Installed
    Zend Optimizer+: 4.1

Is this config supported?

Thanks for all your help,
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

I haven't tested using the latest version, but I am running Zend Server CE (4.0.6) on a Mac. The Optimizer is the same 4.1 version, and the calendar works fine on my machine.

I'd say give the calendar a try, it's possible that it's only the Tester that hasn't been updated to detect the new version yet.
  3. Thx a lot for your reply. When I try to run the Calendar setup:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/calendar/setup/index.php

i get the following message:
    Zend Optimizer not installed

This file was encoded by the Zend Guard. In order to run it, please install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge), version 3.0.0 or later.
    Seeing this message instead of the website you expected?

This means that this webserver is not configured correctly. In order to view this website properly, please contact the website's system administrator/webmaster with the following message:
    (plus more info text).

Do you have a test script that I could use to test the Optimizer on my machine? (I am new to php and the Zend server)

Thx a lot for all you your help. Have a nice weekend.
  4. I believe the issue is caused by the way this version of Zend CE reports the Zend Optimizer to php_info()...it now includes a "+" (details bellow):

Can you (or somebody on the development team) confirm if this is what is causing the /calendar/setup/index.php to report that the Optimizer is not installed and abort? If that's the case when can we expect a new version that fixes the issue?

php_info() result:

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
    Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies
    with Zend Extension Manager v5.1, Copyright (c) 2003-2010, by Zend Technologies
    - with Zend Data Cache v4.0, Copyright (c) 2004-2010, by Zend Technologies [loaded] [licensed] [enabled]
    - with Zend Utils v1.0, Copyright (c) 2004-2010, by Zend Technologies [loaded] [licensed] [enabled]
    - with Zend Optimizer+ v4.1, Copyright (c) 1999-2010, by Zend Technologies [loaded] [licensed] [enabled]
    - with Zend Debugger v5.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2010, by Zend Technologies [loaded] [licensed] [enable

and apparently this causes the Tester script to fail. I did a little change to the way the script detects the version (see below) and now it passes the test for the Optimizer, but when I try run the Calendar setup it generates the same message (Optimizer not found):

This is the change i did on the tester:

if (!strstr($version,"v")) {
    $zend = "Zend Optimizer Detected - Unknown Version";
    $zendColor = "Blue";
    $version = "0";
    }
    else {
    if (!strstr($version,"+ v")) {
    $version = str_replace("v","",$version);
    }
    else {
    $version = str_replace("+ v","",$version);
    }
    // $version = str_replace("v","",$version);

perhaps a better approach is to use the Optimizer API function:

zend_optimizerplus.enable

to detect it.

Thx for all your help. Have a nice weekend.
  5. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Unfortunately, Zend has not released an encoder that I can use with the calendar. So 5.3 is not supported at this time.
  6. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Ah yes, now I recall why I didn't upgrade my Zend Server CE installation... Zend will not release a Zend Guard/Optimizer that is compatible with PHP 5.2-and-older and 5.3-and-newer. For PHP 5.3, it seems that the only supported option is going to be ionCube.

This is a quote that I found in the Zend forums, but was posted by a ionCube guy... This was posted in Oct 2009.
    As of right now (I just checked), ionCube still does not offer a loader for Windows 64-bit... but they support pretty much all other platforms and the latest version of the loader will decode PHP 5.3, 5, and 4 encoded files, so it's entirely backwards compatible.
  7. Sorry to bother again. I am trying to run the Calendar with ionCube (the latest version from their website) but still it doesn't work (the tester doesn't detect ionCube and the calendar setup doesn't run).
    Do you have instructions on how to setup ionCube).
    I am running WindowsXP SP3 with Easy PHP version 5.3.1.
    Does Ion Cube require Zend?
    Thanks for all your help.
  8. Brian

Try pulling up the ioncube-loader-helper.php file in the calendar/ioncube directory. This will tell you what you need to do if ioncube isn't working.
  9. did try your suggestion (using the ionCube that comes with the Calendar and the latest version form their site)...it loads a blank page.

thx for all your help
  10. Brian

ioncube is a server level program. Their support would be best at helping you make their software work with your server. You can contact them through support@ioncube.com.
  11. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

ionCube does not require Zend, but it does require a specific setup of your server. Either have enable_dl (dynamic loading) enabled, and no open_basedir restrictions... or add the ionCube loader in the extensions to load manually. This is all done in your php.ini.

This should help you - http://forum.ioncube.com/viewtopic.php?p=6126
  12. I got the Calendar to run by installing the Zend Server CE for PHP 5.2. Now it seems that I am having the issue described on the help:
    .:: I can't log in or the login screen keeps repeating (looping) no matter what I do?
    1. When login in for the first time, I can enter the admin id and pwd.
    2. then I get presented with the license screen...i select run in trial mode.
    3. then I get the login screen again.

I have changed the
    sessionPath.php on the setup folder, but the calendar is not creating any files there (the url shows a session id...like this...: http://usnapxtest:8080/calendar/setup/index.php?PHPSESSID=vi305g8g6qrdcu9hoj4pr5uea3)

Other programs (The Zend CE setup program) do create files in there.

What could be the issue?

If required I can send you an html file with the output from php_info().

Thanks for all your help
  13. Brian

Sessions is a feature of PHP and not the calendar directly. As long as sessions is working (and if required, entered the path in the paths file for the calendar), it will work.

What does our tester script say about sessions?
  14. i got the calendar setup to load by entering localhost as the license...but now when i get into:
    http://localhost:8080/calendar/setup/index.php

it says:

Trial License Has Expired!

To continue using the Easy PHP Calendar, Click Here to purchase a license.

I just did the installation...how can i test the calendar?

Thanks for all your help.
  15. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Localhost doesn't get a trial licence because it is impossible to create a unique license based on something that everybody has. You are free to keep using it with the error message, it will let you display the calendar and a single event. It should be enough for creating/troubleshooting themes and what a developer would use.

Once the development is completed, then buy a license linked to your domain name/IP.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.