1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

stylesheet location

Discussion in 'Customizations (Themes / Templates)' started by lauras2009, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As I said in a different post, my calendar installation is two levels down from the root directory (/wordpress/JCDS/calendar)

I'm having trouble getting the stylesheets to load properly. I think I need to edit the calendar.php path to the css files, but I don't know how to do that. When I view the HTML source from the browser, it looks like the stylesheets are loaded in from the root directory (/calendar/theme/default/esstyle.css)

Should I move the entire calendar up to the root directory?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Laura S.
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Check out the Paths FAQ in my signature below. :)
  3. Sorry ... I know this should be pretty straightforward but I can't get it to work. I am using Mac OSX. The calendar is two levels down from the server root. So I have:

$serverPath="/wordpress/JCDS/calendar/";
    $urlPath="/Users/LauraS/Sites/wordpress/JCDS/calendar/";

I did try using a fresh calendar.php file but that the setup manager couldn't create the path dynamically.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Laura S.
  4. Sorry I also forgot to add, I'm getting this error when I try to load the page that loads the calendar:

Warning: require_once(/wordpress/JCDS/calendar/functions/functions.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/LauraS/Sites/wordpress/JCDS/calendar/calendar.php on line 24

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/wordpress/JCDS/calendar/functions/functions.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /Users/LauraS/Sites/wordpress/JCDS/calendar/calendar.php on line 24
  5. Actually, my entire site is down now with the same error. It was working up until about an hour ago, when I was trying to figure out how to get the calendar to find its css files. I don't remember what I did that broke it though :(

Can you help troubleshoot?
  6. Brian

I believe you have the paths backwards. Switch the paths around.
  7. You are right -- thank you so much! I still can't figure out why the stylesheets aren't getting called though. There is no styling whatsoever, it's just a bunch of text and form buttons, etc.

The "theme" dropdown only has "default" and "index.htm" -- neither of these appears to do anything. I have 646 permissions on the calendar.php and config.inc.php files.

Laura S.
  8. There is a warning in the calendar.php file that says:
    // * If you enter the full URL starting with "http://", this address will not be verified by the calendar script!

But I tried it anyway and it worked. I entered the actual URL to the calendar (http://<my.computer.local>/~LauraS/wordpress/JCDS/calendar/) and this did the trick.

Is this warning out of date, or should I be doing it differently? The site won't be hosted on my machine forever -- How do I handle this when I put it up on a real webserver?

Thanks for the great support :)
    Laura S.
  9. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

No, actually, I think it's because you're using a user site... the ~LauraS... If I'm not mistaken, I think the calendar detects that as being a "parked domain". Entering the URL by hand is not a problem, if it works for you.

On your web host, you should not have to set it that way.
  10. Thank you -- I love this calendar!!
  11. Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.