1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

SQL DB won't connect even though database is set up properly.

Discussion in 'Installation / Upgrade Questions' started by dgrandey, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am moving my calendar from an old server to a new server. It is currently working with no problem on a server running

PHP ==> 4.4.0
    MYSQL ==> 4.14

I connect to the db no problem by using the localhost for a server and user name and password that I setup on MYSQL.

In moving to the new server I am now using:

PHP ==> 5.1.2
    MYSQL ==> 5.0.18

I setup a user on MYSQL by using the MYSQL utility. As root I entered the following in the command line mysql utility.

grant all privileges on *.* to <USERNAME>@localhost identified by '<PASSWORD>';

What I entered <USERNAME> and <PASSWORD> is what I ented in my setup username and passowrd.

I logged in via mysql login to verify that I can use that account.

When I change the setup in PHP Calendar for the mysql database, the setup page no longer fully loads. All I see is the header with my login name. I look at the source code and it ends the page on an open <TD> tag. I get no error message at all. It just stops creating the page.

It still works fine on my old server and I would like to bring that server down - however I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out why this is happening.

The main differences are the SQL and PHP versions - I made sure the user was setup on MYSQL. I also made sure I downloaded the PHP 5 version.

I am using the ioncube decoder.

I am getting ready to punt - any help will be apprecited!

Thanks,

Doug Grandey
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Some things to try:

1) Try the latest loader from http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.

2) Try using a flat-file database and see if it works.

3) Try another application that uses mySQL.
  3. I tried the flat file and was able to post events.

I figure SQL would be better and since I had it working on the other server that way I was trying to get it up and running on the new server. I am good with just getting it to work.

I might look into trying to fix SQL in the future. Any ideas what it might be? If the flat file is working - does that mean the ION Cube setup is ok - I believe I downloaded the latest version.

Is there any downside with the flat file - speed/security?

Thanks for the quick help.

Doug
  4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Since the flat-file is working, I would assume that the calendar is installed correctly.

Are there other mySQL applications working correctly or can you test any?

mySQL is recommended for both speed and security.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.