1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Sidebar1.php question

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by yddkdd, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am not terribly proficient at code - that's why I LOVE easy php calendar. Similarly, I used Artisteer to create a Wordpress template for me. When I look at my theme, the only "sidebar" file that I have in the theme is sidebar1.php. (I have already inserted the lines into my header.php file as shown in the tutorials.)

I am not sure where in sidebar1.php to add the 3rd php statement required for the calendar to show up - it looks like a copmlicated file to me. I have posted the php file at http://www.lafayettekiwanis.org/sidebar1php.htm. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get this last piece of the puzzle working ? Thanks very much.
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

The same instructions as in the tutorial stand... Take whatever makes up a block for your theme, replicate it, and add the calendar code to it.

In your case, it would seem that a bloc consists of
    HTML:
    <div class="art-Block">
    <div class="art-Block-body">
    <div class="art-BlockHeader">
    <div class="l"></div>
    <div class="r"></div>
    <div class="art-header-tag-icon">
    <div class="t"><?php _e('Categories', 'kubrick'); ?></div>
    </div>
    </div><div class="art-BlockContent">
    <div class="art-BlockContent-body">
    </div>
    </div>

</div>
    </div>
    So, figure out where you want the calendar to appear, then paste this code in the proper spot to add a block to your template, and then adjust the title and the content of the block.

I'm guessing that for your theme, this would be the equivalent of the title <?php _e('Categories', 'kubrick'); ?>

And then the content would be inside of the art-BlockContent-body div.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.