1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Scrolling list of upcoming events

Discussion in 'Customizations (Themes / Templates)' started by robr3004, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is there a way I can have a scrolling list of current events? I like the List mode, but would rather have a single line of Scrolling text of upcoming events.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

That is not a feature of the calendar. You'd have to pass the List's output to a scroller.
  3. Thanks.

I'm new to PHP, MySql and Easy PHP Calendar. Any suggestions on how to pass the list to a scroller or can you direct me to some online doc's that can help me find out how to do this?

Thanks
  4. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

No, sorry. I've only ever used a scroller once and that was roughly 5-6 years ago... and it was the most annoying thing ever to work with. I never revisited scrollers afterwards.

If that's a feature you'd really like, you can add it to the Feature Request forum.
  5. You could auto-scroll a div, something like this:

<div style="overflow:auto;height:300px">
    <?php
    $LIST=1;
    $DF = "D - M d";
    $listWeeks = 52;
    $listEvents = 8;
    $template="monthly.php";
    require ("calendar/calendar.php");
    ?>
    </div>
Thread Status: