1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Pull listing onto home page with links to full event

Discussion in 'Customizations (Themes / Templates)' started by celticangel, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I have the calendar running in a folder called events.

I'd like to list current events on my homepage, pulling through just the title and the date, and then have that as a clickable link to the full event information.

I have it pulling through the event listing as detailed above but can't make it a clickable link to the full event information.

Currently have the below noted text on the homepage, where rss.php is my amended template to just pull title and date.

<?php
    $LIST=1;
    $DF = "D - M d";
    $template="rss.php";
    require ("events/calendar.php");
    ?>

Thanks (in advance) for your help.
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

There really isn't a way to do this the way you've described. The closest option is the Blog Mode that's provided with the calendar files.

FWIW, it's easy to show just the title and date of the events using List Mode and a modified template. But making each one open full details for that event isn't an included option.
  3. How about pulling a RSS Feed then and I can simply use that on the homepage? That should le tyou click on the event pulled into the feed and it would then take you to the events detail page?
  4. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

There is no link provided to the event. The closest you can get to that is a link to the day of the event, and then you'd use the Blog mode to display all events on that day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.