1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

problem w/ $showCat variable

Discussion in 'General Support' started by plantsheal, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I'm using the list mode & am trying to set the $showCat variable as described in the docs. I have several main categories & a sub category set for each month.

Here's how i include the cal. on my my page:

Code:
    <?php
    $listYear = date('Y');
    $showCat="[Any] | Power of Self | Sep";
    $epcListMouseover = "1"; 
    $LIST=1; 
    $DF = "D - M d"; 
    $template="monthly.php"; 
    require ("calendar/calendar.php"); 
    ?>
    Here is a screen shot of the Events manager advance filter. You can see there are several events returned for my criteria... but on the page where I'm trying to display the cal. it's not showing any events.

Any help much appreciated... thx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

The image didn't get included (it would have to be attached).

The issue is with the $showCat. You have to click the filter in the yellow bar again and after the text that you've entered in the $showCat, you'll see a dash and then numbers and pipe characters... that's what you need in the $showCat.

It'll be something like:

[Any] | Power of Self | Sep - a|3|5

You would then have $showCat="a|3|5";
  3. got it, thx ve9gra -

Brian can we get that doc page updated to add the "click on the yellow bar" bit. I'm sure it will save someone else a bit of time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.