1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Problem conecting to database

Discussion in 'General' started by atcaro, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a problem connecting to database. this is giving a http 501/505 problem, I already find in FAQ that this should be taken to the hosting provider and I already did, but it is taking them quite long to resolve it.

I have installed easy calendar in 2 site with the same hosting, the first one I install it just for evaluation purposes and it did good even not having Zend optimizer on that server.

So now that I install it to the site that was intended to, I am having to problem. This server has a newer PHP versión, Ion Cube and recently Zend Optimizer as I requested it, so the test looks even better but have this problems.

This is the server info
    http://65.99.205.183/info.php

Any idea what could it be?

Thanks
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Look at your server error log file. It should give more information why this error is being shown.
  3. This is what I am getting

All the messages that I am getting from the application are these, I am getting this in IE after I try to stablish connection.

Http error
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]501 Not Implemented[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]You’ve asked the server to do something it can't. The server in question may need to be upgraded.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]505 HTTP Version Not Supported[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Your browser may have made a request using HTTP 1.1, whereas the server you made the request to supports only up to HTTP 1.0. This may occur when a proxy server sends along a request with a different version number. [/SIZE][/FONT]

505 explain what is going on but , Is there any other issue that could be happening that produces these errors?

Thanks for your help
  4. Brian

I can't find anyone else that's used the calendar with this problem, so I'm not sure what the root of the issue is.

Has your web host offered an explanation of the error?
  5. Not yet

No. Not yet. They were able to establish the conection for me once but this was still showing some trouble as I tried to reconnected it my self and it gave the same problem, however, when I was working in configuration for characters it presented a problem and again lost conection with the database. they have been looking at it but I still has no answer to it.

So I tried here just in case this has happened before to take the information to my supplier.
  6. Brian

Let us know if they get this worked out for you.
  7. Solved but new question

Finally they got a solution for me, my supplier diactivate mod_sec rules for my domain and now it is working flawless.

I have a new question for you. In List mode, what do I need to do to show up dates taking away the "st" in the day number for the date on headlines for the events?
  8. Brian

Glad you got it working.

To alter the date format, change the DF variable as described in the Integration / List Mode section of the instructions.
  9. Thanks

Got it. Thanks. One last question.

If I wish to use Easy Calendar with another database to record a different kind of events that I dont wish to mix with the actual database, could this be done?
  10. Brian

You can use categories and filters to separate event data. Or install a second copy in a different directory so they will have separate administrators.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.