1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Possible bug in Multi-Calendar???

Discussion in 'Customizations (Themes / Templates)' started by tmcashan, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmcashan

tmcashan New Member

After nearly pulling my hair out it looks like $epcMultiPad does not pass it's variable like it's supposed to. I used the following:

<?php
    $MULTI=1;
    $epcMultiWidth = "100%";
    $epcMultiPad = 0;
    $epcMultiNav = "0px";
    $epcMultiCol = 1;
    $epcMultiRow = 3;
    require ("calendar/calendar.php");
    ?>

$epcMultiPad = X;
    Set X to the amount of padding (in pixels) to use in the table cells.

However, the table that gets created does not listen to the variable it is "supposed" to be getting passed.

You can see an example here: http://goyouth.org/events.php

The code looks like:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10">

The 10px cellpadding in the right side table is jacking the alignment of the page. I just want the table to receive it's intended padding.

All help is very much appreciated and thanks in advance for your time and support.

Sincerely,
    Travis

2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

I can't really offer much help for that problem, Brian could, but I just wanted to say that that template is absolutely gorgeous!

3. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

I'm not sure exactly what you're describing... But, can you not use the multi-calendar generator and place three calendars on the page with require statements and make them align just the way you want?

4. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

What he means is that he's set $epcMultiPad to 0, but the cellpadding for the table is still 10.

Or does $epcMultiPad control the cellspacing instead?

5. tmcashan

tmcashan New Member

???

"I'm not sure exactly what you're describing"

Did I not use documentation, links to actual coded pages, and code snippets from those pages to describe my problem?

What are you describing when you say "can you not ... make them align just the way you want?

On your marketing site it says "have complete control over how the calendar looks and interacts with users"

All I am wondering is what $epcMultiPad is supposed to do. If I put in 1000 it will correctly create a table with cellpadding at 1000px, like so:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1000">

If I put in 0 it will make the table have cellpadding 10px???

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10">

If the minimum is 10 then I'll have to figure out another way to do this. If you tell me it's a bug then I'll work around it and wait for it to get fixed. Either way is fine with me.

6. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

1 is the minimum for padding. What I was suggesting was to add the calendar three times to your page so you can "have complete control over how the calendar looks and interacts with users". The multi-calendar generator is just a helpful tool to do this, but it is also easily done manually and allowing more control over the final outcome.

If setting this variable to 1 doesn't work, please follow my earlier suggestion. If that will do what you wish, I can tell you how to make each month increment over the previous (which is just adding 1 to the $mo variable before each require).

7. tmcashan

tmcashan New Member

Thanks...

Brian,

I appreciate your input. I didn't see the $mo variable in any of the documentation. That worked just fine. I used the following instead of multi-calendar and it obeys my css.

<?php
    $mo = date("m");
    require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>
    <?php
    $mo = date("m")+1;
    <?php
    $mo = date("m")+2;

So thanks again. Problem solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.