1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

popup works in Firefox, not in IE8

Discussion in 'Mambo/Joomla Integration' started by Amelia Pereira, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amelia Pereira

Amelia Pereira New Member

I read the important Joomla integration instructions and added the code
    <?php $CSS=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>
    before the head ending
    and the code
    <?php $OL=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>
    after the body

this worked fine for frefox, but not for IE8.
    Anyone knows what I could do to adjust things for IE8 as well?

The site is www.aescse.pt

If U access it you will se not the above solution, but the one I used to be able to see things in IE8,
    becuase most people use IE8. In this solution (that U can see) I set the x and Y params to -1190 and -400. IE8 shows thr popup, Firefox hides it under the other modules.

2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Your integration is not done according to documentation. You added the $CSS and $OL line just above the calendar instead of at their correct locations. Once you've put those lines at their proper positions, the problem will be resolved.

3. Amelia Pereira

Hello ve9agra, well I thought it was supposed to be put just before </head> and right after <body>

Anyway, because the URL I gave is the real website, I created a test-site that is very similar. http://www.aescse.pt/agese2 and I will leave it with the "problem" and not change it. As U can see, in Fireworks it works fine (X and Y popup offset is set to 2 and 3) but in IE8 the popup is no where to be seen.

The described codes were added to the templates index file, so I "think" I did what was described in the Important chapter of Joomla integration.

Is there more to be careful about when integrating in Joomla?

4. Amelia Pereira

I removed the idol created module mod_escal and installed your (Ajax j1.5 version). Still got the same problem. Firefox no problem, IE8 not working.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  5. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

The piece of the code that's giving you the error is in the overLib package (which is created by Bosrup, not EasyPHPCalendar). Since the latest package was released in 2005, I wouldn't be surprised if it had issues with IE8.

This is out of our control.

6. Amelia Pereira

Hello, on the site www.aescse.pt/agese2 I am now using the mod_escal I got from your topic (http://www.easyphpcalendar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6258). I should not have problems, since they were posted by your team, right?

There is a question I have: when I open the demo.php file inside my calendar folder or the demoAJAX.php, the popup works fine even in IE8. But the popup in the calendar I have on my site does not work in IE8.

Why does demoajax.php or demo.php work fine with IE8 and the caelndar.php does not?

And both are using request calendar.php. Maybe I'll try to change inside the mod_escal module the calendar.php file and use the demo.php file instead. I'll try it later on.
    Thank you

7. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

8. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

These modules, even though provided by us, do not follow the proper implementation guidelines. This was done for ease of integration by clients, but it will not work for theme that make use of <div>'s. If you were using a theme that only used tables, it would be fine.

You should modify the mod_escal to remove the $CSS and $OL lines, and add those directly to your theme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.