1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

PopUp not fully working

Discussion in 'Mambo/Joomla Integration' started by Amelia Pereira, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amelia Pereira

Amelia Pereira New Member

Another problem I'm having eith my joomla 1.5.15 template is that I can not see the popupbox. If I turn on the on-mouse popup, it just doesn't show anything. I have to turn it off, and turn on the onclick popup... but then I only see a small one-line box.

Some time ago I got help here, and it was supposed to be a JS error. But now I don't get errors anymore... and it still doesn't work.

Any help?
    http://www.aescse.pt

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Moving to Joomla forum...

3. Amelia Pereira

Brian, I have my main site in www.aescse.pt/agese
    To perform tests I created a testing site on the same domain: www.aescse.pt/agese2

I installed a calendar in this folder and the calendar shows but like in the picture.

Just tell me if it is a license problem. If I reset the licence for agese2 will it affect agese?

I just need to know this to do tests on my test-site with the integration instructions. Thanks

4. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

The license is not your problem. You're having problems with the config file not being saved to memory. It's not getting the proper values and hence the theme isn't loaded nor is the mouseover script.

I don't know what your setup is like, so I can't tell you what you need to do to fix it. Joomla (on my part) hasn't been developed for a few years already. All my development time has gone to WordPress.

5. Amelia Pereira

Hello, well I reinstalled the calendar, this time outside the modules folder, and it looks good now.

POPup is still not working although it's enabled.

One more question: the code in Instalation instructions is to be set in the templates index.php file, right? I did it, but there is still no popup. :confused4

6. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Normally, that's how it would work, but Joomla breaks the regular integration. The only reliable way to add the code was done through the module, and that doesn't seem to work for you...

The problem in your case is not where the code is added... it's that the variables that are required for the calendar to work don't stay in memory. If the variables don't stick, the calendar won't work. What you can try is to add the following line above every require() listed in the Integration steps.
    PHP:
    require("<path to your calendar install>/config.inc.php");

7. Amelia Pereira

Hello, I tried all afternoon several solutions, even adding codes into index fle of my template, but no good. So I reseted my index.php file.

meanwhile I got the calendar popup working... Miracle!, but only in a module position called absolute (left-upper corner) which doesn't look good...

When I put it on another module position, sometimes the popup appears flicking, and we can not see it, in other module positions it seems to be there but hidden way down the mouse position.

Coud you please just take a look at the actual situation... maybe you have an idea on how I can put it working on another position.

Anyhow, I think it is proven that popup works on the template... it has issues with the modules. I even tried adding anchor code... but had no success.

http://www.aescse.pt/agese2

PS: the site looks ugly, but is 4 testing purposes only!

8. Amelia Pereira

Think I solved it.

The solution is not clean... I had to set the popup offset X and Y to negative values... -200 and -100 for one module position

For other module positions the values differ. I think it proves that the popup works.. just is way off set.

Let's see if I can manage it on the main school site.

9. Amelia Pereira

Overlapping

10. Brian

In your module.css file you have:

div.module { position: relative; }

This is messing up the pop-up positions and hiding it behind the div.

11. Brian

Looks like you're changing the page?

12. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

The reason why the popup doesn't appear at the proper place is because the $OL line is not directly after the <body> tag. That is the problem with the Joomla integration.

If you were able to follow the integration steps in Joomla, there shouldn't be any problems, but you would have to modify the module too.

13. Amelia Pereira

I was just trying things to see which is the best solution. Maybe it's a template problem, but configuration of the module seems difficult to me... and I think that the module.position issue is probably difficult to resolve, since I am not experienced enough in php or css to "mess" with the code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.