1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Popup issue - too far right

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Andre, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

I need help in a popup issue, where I cannot find the cause and thus don't know how to solve it.

I'm using the TOC calendar more or less in a way as in the demotoc.php file. The only thing I added is the legend.php.

As long as I use the generated php alone (without including it in my CMS system) it works fine. The settings for testing are 2 pixels offset X as well as for offset y. As you can see in the CMS, its muuuuch more at the right even using the same code as inside the standalone PHP. What can I do, as I don't want to use the fixed positions?

Here the standalone sample (without issues):
    Standalone

And here the same code in my CMS (with issues):
    CMS Problem

Do you have any idea? Maybe I could define (fill) the variables manually in order to fit correctly.

Thx in advance
    Andre
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Something else on the page is changing the pop-up offset numbers. Can you try systematically removing any other scripts on the page until we can find the culprit?
  3. Hi Brian,

I already tried this - without luck. I temporarily removed all Jscripts from the site as they don't affect this specific page and there are also no references to any script here, but the issue remains. So I'm out of luck and still hope for a way to fix it.

Andre
  4. One additional note: As several files of the calendar are encrypted I can't determine where the popup scripts are referenced and thus I'm unable to replace the popup scripts (overlib routines from Eric Bosrup) with other scripts. So (at least for the next version of the calendar) I would recommend to checkout the tooltip scripts from Walter Zorn) as they are really easy to implement and offer even more nice possibilities. Have a look HERE - it's also free.

That said I still hope for help to get the currently used popup scripts working even in my CMS, maybe by predefining some of the variables manually before calling the calendar.php instead of getting them wrongly calculated.

Regards
    Andre
  5. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Usually, that happens because the $OL line is not the very first thing after the <body> tag, which is the case for your installation.

Actually, you have much more problems in your case. If you have a look at the generated code, you'll see that you have two <html> tags... so basically you have a full html page inside of another. This is, I'm 95% sure, the problem which causes the misalignment of the popup.
  6. Ve9gra, - you are the man! :clap:

I should probably go earlier to bed and not trying to fix my site when being that tired. I ran through today and yes, I wrongly did copy/paste the whole single sample into my CMS, causing this problem. After your post I today replaced the wrongly placed parts and now everything is working fine. Rethinking about that, I'm still wondering that it even partially worked without giving me errors.

Thanks again!

- Andre

P.S. Regarding my additional note, I would really recommend having a look at the tooltip script from Walter Zorn. This would give further possibilities for a possible new version of the calender.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.