1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

pop-up problems

Discussion in 'Customizations (Themes / Templates)' started by LiamW, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I've a few problems with my pop-ups I can't seem to figure out on my own.
    My install is here:
    http://www.girlscoutsmoheartland.org/pages/calendar.php

(First: kick-A program! I'm loving it!!)

1. My mouse-over pop-up seems to be missing a couple of background elements or something, causing parts of it be transparent. Not a HUGE deal, but it is distracting.
    You can see in this screenshot, the mouse-over pop-up on the right:
    http://www.girlscoutsmoheartland.org/images/support/popup.gif
    I've not changed anything in the CSS that would have that kind of effect.
    I found and took a look at the CSS map here:
    http://www.epctutorials.com/tutorials/popups-css-map/
    (also Way Cool!) but what's missing doesn't seem to have a defined element.

2. The test in the mouse-over pop-up is running together in places, I think where there's HTML for breaks (e.g.: <br />). you can see the difference between the mouse-over pop-up on right and the on-click pop-up on left. It's also causing the "click here" link to not work in the mouse-over.
    I do have "Allow HTML in Event Descriptions" and "Convert Links in HTML" both turned ON.

3. When an admin is logged in, there's evidently a background image in the mouse-over pop-up, under the edit/delete links, that isn't showing up. I can't find this reference at all in the CSS. This is also minor, but distracting.

4. The edit and delete links in the mouse-over pop-ups don't seem to work. I click on them and the page reloads, but the event is still there (for "delete") and no edit page comes up (for "edit").
    If it's related, I DID successfully install and enable the HTMLArea editor (although, I can't find how that's used/appears).

Thanks for any help on these issues!!
    Liam
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

1)

In your page-all.css you have:

html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre, a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code, del, dfn, em, font, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp, small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var, b, u, i, center, dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li, fieldset, form, label, legend, table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    border: 0;
    outline: 0;
    font-size: 100%;
    vertical-align: baseline;
    background: transparent;
    }

This is telling everything to be transparent.

2)

If the text is too long, all HTML is stripped so that HTML tags (like for bold, underline, etc) don't get left open and apply to the entire page.

3 & 4)

Your browser should not carry over the login. Just log out and you won't see those images. You should only see them when in the Event Manager.
  3. Ah. I see.

Oh. That's... actually a pretty gosh-dang cool idea!

Yeah, I know it's only showing when I'm logged into the Event Manager. :) So, those links really shouldn't even be there in the pop-up then? Oh, well, it's a non-issue aesthetically since only I'd see it...but I'd like to be able to use the functionality of it. But, I guess that's not a big deal.
    Does the HTMLArea do anything? Because I can't see where/how it gets used.

I guess I'm just going to turn-off the mouse-over pop-ups -- that'll "fix" all the above issues. I really like to be able to use it, but having the "click here" disabled (for very good reasons, though!) would just confuse my users.

Thanks for the feedback!
  4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

If you remove background: transparent; from your CSS and adjust the pop-up boxes to hold more information, it should make your mouse-over pop-ups work better.
  5. Well sure, but then that would break some other display setups we have.
    Thanks for the assistance; we'll work with it. :)
  6. Ah ha! I found in calendar.php where the overDiv mouse-over is created by Javascript, and I added "background:#ffffff;" to the STYLE in that, and it looks great!

Now, about those missing "Edit" and "Delete" images in the mouse-over when one is logged in to the administrator tool... Using Firefox's Firebug, I found the path to the images "eventEdit.gif" and "eventDelete.gif" were being looked for by the calendar in: "../images/".
    Naturally, that actually put the relative location one folder ABOVE the "calendar" folder, and NOT /calendar/images/.
    I copied all the images from /calendar/images/ into my /images/ folder, and now they appear.

FYI
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.