1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Php upgrade problem

Discussion in 'Installation / Upgrade Questions' started by watersidedesigns, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi All,

My servers version of php was upgraded to 5 the other day and since then the website shows lots of ????????? where the calendars should be.

This seems to be a ioncube / zend problem. My server provider has told me that the ioncube loader is available but the zend one is no longer available. My question is, can I change my installation for a ioncube one without losing data and how do I go about this?

Many thanks in advance.
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Download and run the test script to confirm which files you need, then follow the upgrade instructions which will keep all of your settings and database.
  3. I have done this but it seems to have overwritten my settings and data :(
  4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Your settings are in the config.inc.php file. Restore this file to keep your settings. If you're using mySQL, you should be set. If not, restore the database directory if using flat-file.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.