1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

overLIB and Flash

Discussion in 'General Support' started by jcrhee@mac.com, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcrhee@mac.com

jcrhee@mac.com New Member

popup (overLIB) and Flash and Internet Explorer for PC

I'm having this wierd problem with popup and flash. I have a flash video to the right of the calendar. Now everything works fine on Firefox for Mac and PC, Safari, and even IE for Mac. But Internet Explorer for PC doesn't show the popup at all. Check it out at http://www.fretboardpictures.com/clients/cvc/church/index.php
    What am I doing wrong?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

The page never finishes loading in IE. If it hangs on loading, the javascript for the mouse-over won't fire.

Have you tried to determine why the page hangs when loading in IE?

3. Tvhawk

Tvhawk New Member

the flash movie doesn't appear to be loading either.....perhaps removing the flash movie(for a test) may prove usefull?...perhaps any action script you used is interfering with the page load for whatever reason.........

4. jcrhee@mac.com

5. jcrhee@mac.com

It WORKS!!!!! Thanks everyone. I finally nailed the problem. The file directory was wrong - it was this:(<param name="movie" value="../placeholder_subsite.swf" />), when it should have read this:(<param name="movie" value="../media/placeholder_subsite.swf" />. Now everything is working perfectly. Thanks Brian and TVHawk. Both your information proved very helpful.

6. Tvhawk

Tvhawk New Member

hmm....now the question is......why did it load in all the other browsers?

7. jcrhee@mac.com

Apparently other browsers get the filepath from the embed src whereas Internet Explorer for PC gets it from the movie parameter. Also just figured out how to have popups (overLIB) and flash movies cooperate. Make sure that you set a parameter for wmode in flash to be transparent.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.