1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Now I have it running.......

Discussion in 'General' started by ozmart2005, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozmart2005

ozmart2005 New Member

Ok I have it running and I've read the forum posts about how to include the calendar and use toc mode etc which I will play around with this week. The questions I do have right now are:

1. Can you tell the calendar which events to display? For example if my users wanted to view all events happening within a 7 day period how do they get that week only to display so that they could print it off! There doesn't seem to be any way to do this??

2. What if I want external users to be able to submit events? Its usually the case for many calendars. It looks like I have to give them a username and password manually - there doesn't seem to be a way for them to sign up automatically?

3. Is there any upload functionality available for the html editors? It doesn't seem so. Could I use something like the Advanced HTML Editor from DMXZone?

Thks
    Martin

Last edited: Jul 17, 2005
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

There's no built-in way to let the users choose what is displayed. I suppose that with a bit coding you could let the users control the different variables used by the listing module

This was discussed in a few different posts here and there, but there's no built-in way again. The common way of doing it, is by passing a generic username and password via a link to the login script so that they are automatically logged in. Then, optionally, you can set the option to not let users log off in the setup manager.

The calendar is not built to handle having uploads sent to it. But, what you can do, is upload your files prior to entering the event, and then adding a link to your upload in the event.

3. ozmart2005

ozmart2005 New Member

Thankyou, that helps me. I will have to dig a little deeper this week and see what I can do. Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.