1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Newbie, however Interested in purchasing

Discussion in 'General' started by swong, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swong

swong New Member

Hello, how are we all doing?

I am very new to PHP, in fact still learning. I want to implement a calender in my web site.

I just want to know that when I purchase this product, am I just going to be receiving all the PHP code? And thus, all I need to do is just paste it in the appropriate directory of where my web site will be?

Thanks a bunch!

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

3. swong

swong New Member

Re

Thanks Brian for the quick reply.

I have a question about step 3, where I set the permissions to 646. I am using a Mac OS X server. So what would the permission of 646 be equivalent to in the OS X server?

Also, i see quite a few PHP code in the link provided. Should I be worried about understanding it, since I am very new to PHP? Or should I just paste the code to wherever it is instructed?

Thanks again

4. Brian

Basically, step two means that those files need to have write access by the server. I'm not sure how to do that on a Mac server?

About the PHP codes, all you need is to copy and paste them where indicated by the instructions and you're all set. :classic:

5. swong

swong New Member

Re

Thanks again Brian. I just hope that the permission settings will be alright in the OS X. And I'm also assuming that it is compatible with the OS X server :thumbs_up

I hate to bombard you with more questions, but I want to host a calendar that is generic to everyone who views it. Meaning, I don't need users to log in, and view their own personalized calendars (a la MyYahoo). What I want is ONE calendar that everyone sees, and they see the SAME events, and users can post their own events, which other users will see as well. I'm sure ESC is done in this manner.

I hope that made sense?

6. Brian

Yes, the calendar would work this way. There is a master user name and password to edit events, but that can be bypassed if you wish (information on how to do this is in the forum).

7. swong

swong New Member

Re

Thanks so much Brian for your help. I am considering to purchase ESC!

8. Brian

Great! Just post away if you have any additional questions. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.