1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Need Help TOC Mode

Discussion in 'General' started by ddeleon, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am trying the demo version of this calendar and I am having some trouble with a few things.
    First off, i would like to say that this calendar is awesome and I will be recommending it to anybody that asks me about php calendars.

1.I do not know how to integrate the normal calendar view into my own site. Can you help me with that?
    2.Can I link the normal view to a differnt page that has the TOC?
    3.How do I enable/show the TOC mode?

I am sorry, but I am a noob at PHP code. Could you take me stsep by step through these things? If I can get it to work I will definitely be purchasing this calendar.
    Here are links to where the calendar is located:
    Home Page
    www.thelionsdenaz.com

Calendar page
    http://thelionsdenaz.com/calendar/calendar/index.php

2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

All of your questions are answered here http://docs.easyphpcalendar.com/

As for more specific links,
    1. for you to be able to integrate the calendar into your own site, read this

2. for creating a link to the TOC calendar, read this - more specifically the one about epcAltLink.

3. This will get you going on displaying the TOC. You can also have a look at the demo.php file that's included in the distribution for an example of a properly formated file ... it has comments inside that describe what each thing does.
  3. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Wow! You're fast today ve9gra!
  4. Cahnges made

Okay I changed my index.html page to index.php and I added the two pieces of code to the html code. How do I integrate the calendar into the site?
  5. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

It seems like you've included the demo.php or index.php instead of calendar.php....

You'll see that a properly formated php page should go like this

Include this somewhere within the <head></head> tags
    PHP:
    <?php $CSS=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>
    Then include this right after the <body> tag
    PHP:
    <?php $OL=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>
    And then finally, include this wherever you want to have the calendar displayed
    PHP:
    <?php require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>
    In all of these, the path I showed "calendar/calendar.php" should be intepreted as this "<path to where the calendar is installed>/<calendar.php-don't change this-it has to be calendar.php>"
  6. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

7. Aha......that was very helpful. I appreciate it very much. Now if I can only figure out how to link it to the TOC calendar. Can I ask you if I can't figure it out?
  8. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

I just checked your site and it seems that you've figured it out! :clap:
  9. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

OK.. about the TOC... What you want to do is to basically create an empty page (with your formatting and all) do the same thing you did for the first page but position your calendar in the middle of the page, and use
    PHP:
    <?php $TOC=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>
    instead of the other one, and the TOC will be displayed.

Then just add a link wherever you want it to the TOC page. If you want the little calendar to link to the big one, then right before the little calendar add (inside the <?php ?> tags but before the require)
    PHP:
    unset($epcAltLink); $epcAltLink="X";
    "X" being the link (full or relative) to the TOC page.
  10. It is giving me this error message

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'calendar/calendar/calendar.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/34/d123887945/htdocs/calendar/calendar/toc.php on line 7

It is happening when I try to directly see the page that I created

http://www.thelionsdenaz.com/calendar/calendar/toc.php
  11. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Ok, depending on where the toc.php file will be, the path in all the require("bla bla bla") will have to change to reflect where it is relative to the file calendar.php...

If you have the toc.php in the same folder as calendar.php, then use require("calendar.php");

If you place toc.php at the root folder, then you'll have to use require("calendar/calendar/calendar.php");

Hope this helps.
  12. Let me explain to you exactly what I did. I took the same page that I had the "normal calendar" on and I erased all of the content out of it.

I left the php codes in the header and the body and inserted the toc code into the middle of the page like you said. Heres the tricky part for me..... is it ok to save this file as toc.php?
    Also where will be the easiest place to place it? in the root folder or in the calendar folder where the rest of the files are?
    Finally can I create a link to toc.php ....lets say from my calendar of events text?

I really appreciate all of the support that you have provided me. Thanks.
  13. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

So far so good.
    Absolutely!
    If you've copied what you had for the index, you might as well leave that page in the root folder as all the paths will be ok.
    Absolutely, there's no problem doing that.
    You're welcome and I'll be happy to help you until you don't need my help ;)
  14. how come when I type the url in manually ex.

http://thelionsdenaz.com/toc.php I get this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /homepages/34/d123887945/htdocs/toc.php on line 86

I dont think that I am clear on how to do this.

I guess what I am confused about is ....
    how does the toc.php file which is blank know to place the calendar on t he page?
  15. Brian

There is an error in your page named toc.php. Can you attach this page to the thread and we'll take a look...
  16. Here is the file
    Thanks

Attached Files:

• toc.zip
      File size:
      1.8 KB
      Views:
  17. Brian

You need to add a space...

Where it shows:

<?php$TOC=1;

Change to

<?php $TOC=1;
  18. Wow it was that simple. Thanks.

I will be purchasing the full version sometime this week.

The support team here is awesome!!!!:clap:
  19. Hello Again...

I have a few more questions.
    Can I create links within the popups and also if you can look at my calendar and tell me how to change the last little blue part in the pop up menu to match my site color.

here is the link
    http://www.thelionsdenaz.com/toc.php
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.