1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Navigation table too wide!

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Judi Sohn, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judi Sohn

Judi Sohn New Member

I am new to Easy Calendar and I just installed the calendar which you can see here:

Idea Fountain Contact Page

Look at any other page on the site to see what it's supposed to look like (without the calendar). I planned to apply the calendar to the entire site, but first I have to get it right. What is up with the navigation table? It's supposed to be 175 pixels wide like the calendar but it is spanning about 500 pixels for no apparent reason (and in IE it's forcing everything in the main content below it...in Safari it overlaps the main content, but still too wide by about 300 pixels).

I think if set a width in the <td> tags within the table (something like 33% each) it should work but I have no idea which file to edit to make that happen.

Suggestions, please?

I'm also not thrilled that the calendar uses <font> tags which I try to avoid, instead relying on CSS for styling. Can I edit this?

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

First, the calendar does not use font tags at all. Everything is CSS and has been since Version 4.0. The navigation arrows at the bottom can use font tags (and do by default in Version 5.1) but you are able to change them to anything you want.

I took a quick look at your page, and it appears that the calendar is producing the correct code. There may be an issue with other page elements that is causing the table width to not appear correctly. I'll try to take a better look at this...

3. Judi Sohn

Judi Sohn New Member

Wow, that's service! I'm amazed that you answered so quickly.

Right after I posted I dug in to the escal PHP files (particularly escal.php) and I figured out exactly what I needed to edit to get the page to appear as I want. I still have to style the pop-up to my liking but I have it working now so I can add the appropriate code to all the pages.

Thanks!

4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Glad you got it working! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.