1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

mySQL Woes

Discussion in 'Mambo/Joomla Integration' started by MikeV, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeV

MikeV New Member

Oh oh...when I enabled the mySQL database option for saving events everything seemed to work fine--until I looked at my main page (where I have the calendar) and my polls module and banner module are displaying errrors!

The calender works fine and when I disable mySQL in the EasyPHPCalendar setup menus the errors go away.

Anyone seen this before? Here's the polls error:

MB DB function failed with error number 1146
    Table 'calliopy_ecalendar.mos_poll_menu' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT p.id, p.title FROM mos_poll_menu AS pm, mos_polls AS p WHERE (pm.menuid='1' OR pm.menuid='0') AND p.id=pm.pollid AND p.published=1
    SQL =
    SELECT p.id, p.titleFROM mos_poll_menu AS pm, mos_polls AS pWHERE (pm.menuid='1' OR pm.menuid='0') AND p.id=pm.pollidAND p.published=1Thanks- :1crysad:

2. diske52

diske52 New Member

ESCAL along with Polls & Banners

Hey There,

I'm real busy but just wanted to say I had a similar problem, using the rhuk_planetfall template, Also I believe, because I had the polls in the same module position.

I do not believe this is due to MySQL, its due to the template.

Try seperating your polls and calendar, make one left and one right.

I never looked more into it because that template was fine, and since then I've been creating my own mambo templates in macromedia dreamweaver.

Anyhow, let me know, and post your live site if possible, if not state template name.

Chuck

3. MikeV

MikeV New Member

Hi Chuck,

Try http://www.isked.com

I tried moving the polls to the left and it worked fine there. I moved the banner too but it doesn't seem to display anywhere else but it did remove the error at the bottom of the page.

Seems like anything placed on the right gets an error. Don't know if I can live with that in the long run. Do you think version 1 of this template is more stable?

Mike

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  4. diske52

diske52 New Member

I just realized

Mike,

I just realized I'm writing to you under two seperate forum replies ;) Anyhow, for this issue,

I'm somewhat stumped. I had a similiar problem about 4 months ago, and after spending a few minutes I'm not able to replicate my old problem. The only thing that comes to mind is, do you have your easycal in a seperate mysql database, or is it on the same one as mambo?

Try switching your template, at least to verify that, then if not, and you tried changing the placement, create a new db real quick and copy easyphpcal stuff. See other post for cal on frontpage

Chuck

5. MikeV

MikeV New Member

Chuck,

Yeah, tried numerous templates with the same result--every module AFTER calendar gets hosed. I do have a separate db for calendar and mambo and re-created the db for calendar a couple of times.

I even searched the mambo db for any references to cal from any of the affected mods but still nothing. I want to go with EasyPHPCalendar for my site but Mambo isn't complying!

Can you try positioning calendar on the top and switching to AkoGreenPortal and see if you get the same results?

Thanks for all your help-

Mike

6. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

That is your problem... I'm going to try to explain it in simple terms... Everytime you use a script that connects to a database, you have to specify which database to use (not you, but the script does it). It does so by issuing the "USE mambos_database;" call to the mysql server. It then goes on doing several "SELECT * from some_table;" to fetch its data...

Now lets use that in this situation... You have Mambo (which is a script if you will), and EPC (which is another). Since they can both be run independantly, they each have to do the "USE some_database;" call at the begining... So here's what happens when you get to Mambo's front page...

Mambo does its includes
    One of the includes does the initial database connection "USE mambo_database;"
    Mambo does a few "SELECTS ..." to get some content and blocks
    OH! One of the blocks is EPC
    EPC does its includes
    EPC initiates its database connection "USE epc_database;"
    EPC does the "SELECTS ..." to get the events information
    EPC completes and says "I'm done, Mambo... you can keep going"
    Mambo then tries to do a "SELECT * FROM some_table" to feed a block
    MySQL says "I don't see some_table in the epc_database" and Mambo craps out.

As you can see, in the blocks after the calendar, the MySQL is still using the "USE epc_database;" call that it last received and MySQL doesn't find the tables that the SELECTs are looking for... You can see it in your error message...
    calliopy_ecalendar must be the database name you have for the calendar... and mos_poll_menu is a table that you should find in your Mambo database.

If you absolutely can't put EPC's table in the same database as Mambo, your only solution would be to run with the flatfile. If there is no issue with you adding another table to Mambo's database, it should be fairly easy to move the table from one DB to the other.

Good luck.

7. diske52

diske52 New Member

The Flux Capacitor is going to Blow

Ah that was simple to read Vegra, well stated ;)

Well I have 3 different versions of the calendar running on different versions of mambo, and I must have been mistaken about the database being different than mambo's. I tried the calendar at the Top, and my polls worked fine.

So Yes Mike, as Vegra said, change the config for easyphpcal to point to your mambo database, and copy the according table. Also state your mambo version and calendar version so if there is any other problems I can test the same on one of my sites.

Chuck

8. MikeV

MikeV New Member

Reset the calendar db to my mambo db and everything works fine! You guys are the best.

Thanks ve9gra and Chuck. :clap:

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.