1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

mySQL hurdle (newbie)

Discussion in 'General Support' started by stinkapotomus, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkapotomus

stinkapotomus New Member

Aloha,

I'm a mySQL newbie, and I've finally hit a hurdle I can't seem to clear.

I've done my best to run throught the instructions, setup script, searched the forums for similar issues (Nigel seemed to have it: http://www.EasilySimpleCalendar.com/forum/...findpost&p=570), yet I'm not grasping something here.

My error is:
    There was an error connecting to the mySQL database.
    The error was reported as:
    Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

host: localhost
    user name: heidi7
    password: *****
    database name: healings_biz_-_calendar

According to my admin panel for mySQL, I've got the database created, user name and password set properly.

Any guidance would be terrifically appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

I'm not sure mySQL is setup correctly. Can you contact your web host and verify your mySQL information with them?

3. stinkapotomus

stinkapotomus New Member

Sounds good. I'll start there.

Thanks.

4. stinkapotomus

stinkapotomus New Member

Shazam. It's up and running.

The host, according to my people, shouldn't have been "localhost", but rather "127.0.0.1".

With that little change, everything went perfectly.

This calendar rocks, and the ease of setup is terriffic. Well worth my $13 just for the install.

Thanks so much.

5. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Fantastic! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.