1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

mySQL error when inserting calendar into webpage

Discussion in 'Customizations (Themes / Templates)' started by kevin3954, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevin3954

kevin3954 professional

I am getting an mySQL error saying that it cannot find ms_menu_menulinks when trying to put the calendar onto a webpage with php.

I should say that I am running a website that does a lot of the require and include statements. And the side menu where I am trying to make the calendar visible is actually part of a require statement for the actual webpage. Therefor the sidebar does not actually have a head tag in it or a body tag.

I read how to do this in the instructions and its telling me to put the following statement where I want the "mini" calendar

<?php require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>
    Note: Calendar is the directory of my calendar.php file

I have tried that and come up with that error I listed above. After I tried that, I looked and saw I had to put some code into the head tag as well. I opened my head file and inserted the code and come up with even more errors. So do I need to somehow link to the database with a script after the required code? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks for any help

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

That error is not part of the calendar. What is happening is your page opens a database, then the calendar opens a database, and then the page wants to access the first database without opening it again.

To fix this, have your calendar use the same database as your existing page(s).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.