1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Multiple list modes from different calendars on same page

Discussion in 'General Support' started by seastl, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seastl

seastl New Member

Hello,

I am trying to display 4 list modes on one page which originate from 3 different calendar installs. The category legend colors are incorrect on all the lists when more than one list is placed on the page. I have tried unsetting numerous variables (I thought $showCat would have done it, but no) with no success. Is there some variable that should be emptied in order to show the colors properly? If so, where in sequence? (as I may have had the right variable but in the wrong location) Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Brad

2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

When using the list mode, each list template includes it's own CSS and will likely overwrite each other... You'd have to create your own templates and name all the CSS elements to be different for all of your templates.

3. seastl

seastl New Member

Hello Gervais,

Thanks for your reply. I am already using a different style sheet, and the original header stylings are removed. I think what I am after is in:

$epcCategoryColors

Is that correct? How to unset it, and should anything else possibly be unset with it, like $epcCategories? Should it only be unset on instances 2, 3 & 4?, etc

Thanks,

Brad

4. seastl

seastl New Member

I take that back - I do still have the "s2" class being assigned to the categories, but this class is not defined in any of the CSS that I can find, other than in "calendar/theme/categories/categories.css", but the values there do not correspond to my configuration. Can I assign those in the head of a template? Are the category numbers appended to "s2" to link to the actual color? In one of my calendars, they are:

$epcCategoryColors="FFFF3D[5|FF2929[6|8F8FFF[7|FFC18A[9999|";

So, would s25 equate to #FFFF3D for this calendar?

Brad

5. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Ah, yes, categories - forgot about those. Those are set when you insert the $CSS line and are based off of a single installation.

You're really in a pickle because more than likely you'll have a few categories (across installations) that will have the same number. That will cause a conflict and the last one to be declared will override all the others. Really the only way I can imagine you being able to have different CSS would be to use iframes.

6. seastl

seastl New Member

Thank you Gervais,

I had thought about iframe to be able to control the sizes without having to use a complex layer arrangement, but I am not a big fan of iframes either, mainly because scrolling seems so quirky. These are appearing on a home page where current events will show in lists from the three calendars - kind of a current events page.

I guess my other alternative would be to re assign some of my categories. I don't have that many events in any one calendar, so that might be the easiest. All three calendars use like-named categories and colors.

Tell me if this would work - If I assigned the same stings (containing all categories) for "$epcCategories=" and "$epcCategoryColors=" in each calendar, and just deleted the categories that are not used on two of the calendars, would that be sound enough? I'm lucky at least in that I have the same basic categories on each calendar, just using fewer cats on two of them.

Of course, I would have to go back and reassign categories to existing events, but this would likely be the most sound way to correct this, would it not?

Thanks again,

Brad

7. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

That's not the best solution... each calendar install keeps track of which categories were added and their numbering.

If you are using the same names/colors for the categories, I have to ask if it is imperative that you're using separate installations. You could simply add a sub-category and use that as your separator. Then use $showCat to limit the display on each list. That way you could manage all your events from a single manager and you'd only have to worry about a single set of CSS.

8. seastl

seastl New Member

I agree, depending on the usage. However, I need to limit user's access to their own calendar's categories. When I was considering the initial setup I was under the impression that this type of access could not be controlled in the event manager, which led me to use to multiple installs. In fact, there was a period when I used sub-categories before just switching to multiple installs. If I recall, there were some filtering limitations with sub-categories that I couldn't accept.

In my case, I think that I was lucky. I only had to change two categories on one calendar. After doing that, it works perfectly.

Thanks-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.