1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Multiple dates in same "box" in list view

Discussion in 'General' started by NetWeb, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, I'm using the calendar for a party fishing boat and need to know something...

Here is the site: http://peconicstarfleet.com/index.php

If you look at the Weekly Schedule part, you will see that I have the next 7 days being displayed for the customer to see. My issue is if the boat goes out on more than 1 trip on that day, it will create another box of the same day next to the one day. Example:

Monday Monday Tuesday Wednesday
    Trip 1 Trip 2 Trip 1 Trip 1

Whereas it should be like this:

Monday Tuesday Wednesday
    Trip 1 Trip 1 Trip 1
    Trip 2

You can take a look at the site to see what I mean. Let me know if there is an easy way to do this. I can do it the hard way, just seeing if something simpler can be done. Thanks.
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Assuming you're using the List Mode, this is the way the List Mode Works.

FWIW, the Blog Mode would combine events under the same date.
  3. So there is not way to get it how I would like it through the List Mode?

Yea, I know that it shows multiple events on the same day in the Blog Mode...I will probably have to use that. I notice on the blog demo page that it only shows 1 date at a time. I haven't really looked into it yet, but is it possible to show all dates using the Blog mode so it can act like the list mode but the way I would like it with multiple events under the same date?

Thanks for your help
  4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

I think our forum moderator (ve9gra) has come up with a solution similar to what you're looking for. He should drop in here soon and will let you know.
  5. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Like Brian said, I did come up with what I call the Blog-List. It's totally configurable as in which date to start the list from, how many days to display, whether or not to hide empty days, if you want the list to go forwards or backwards, and more.

If you are interested in it, contact me using the link in my signature.
  6. Ok, thanks for the help. I sent you a message.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.