1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

moving the calendar from site to WP

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by ScottR, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is it possible to move an existing EZPhpCal working calendar from a site to a Word Press installation?

I've installed the WP Plug In so that's there.

I've downloaded the calendar folder to my local drive and then uploaded the same to where the WP installation is, inside the domain and just above the WP folders and files ie: domain/calendar/

domain/calendar/
    domain/wp-admin/
    domain/wp-content/
    domain/wp-includes/

I did update the calendar.php file to reflect a different path and the reason for the move is that the site/client is being redesigned so the calendar is just being moved over.

Once in the WP admin its asking where the calendar is but no matter what I enter it can't find it.

/calendar
    /
    calendar/

The requested URL /calendar/events/index.php was not found on this server.

Do I have to set up a new installation or is just moving it over work?

Help.

Attached Files:

• wp.jpg
      wp.jpg
      File size:
      47 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

The WP Plugin that you found is not supported. It was created 4 years ago IIRC, never updated, and never supported by its creator.

Moving the installation shouldn't be a problem, as the calendar doesn't care if it's in WP or not. You should follow the integration tutorial on my website. If you are using the dynamic sidebar in WP, let me know and I'll provide you with my plugin for that.
  3. >> Access to the calendar will just be a link in the navigation and that link will take the user to a page.

>> Also I have the calendar folder right under the domain
    ie: domain.com/calendar
    just like domain.com/wp-content
    Is that where its supposed to be or inside the wp-content folder?
    Cause when I tell WP its located at
    /
    It can't find it.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  4. I read over your integration but I'm more interested in installation and moving a working calendar from the old site to the new that will be in WP.

I don't understand that the EZPHPCAL DB has to be in with that WP DB. That makes no sense to me. The CAL DB already exists as its being used in the current old site.
  5. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Moving the installation is as simple as doing a new installation and copying the files that you customized (likely to be your theme and templates).

EPC needs to use the same database as WP... what you're misunderstanding is that EPC has no comprehension of what a database is... it uses whichever one you tell it to. What it needs is its own TABLE. So, when you move your installation, restore the TABLE inside of your WP DATABASE. Think of a database as a folder, and a table as a file. You're simply moving a file to a different folder. WP won't bother itself with the EPC table.
  6. Not sure if what I did is correct but it is working. Ignore the page stuff that's missing, that's from the calendar on the site that's being dumped.

http://69.164.220.231/woodbury-new.nj.us/calendar.php

You also said I think you have a WP Plugin that works cause the one I'm using isn't?

7. calendar info not showing.

If you look at this page

http://69.164.220.231/woodbury-new.nj.us/calendar.php

you'll see the there is info missing compared to the actual live calendar here

http://woodbury.nj.us/calendar.php

This happened when I changed the DB settings in the calendar admin to use the DB where WP is using (moved the data over).

How can I fix this?

By the way, my email address that is set in this forum is not valid anymore and I need to change it. You have to enter your password and I don't have it anymore and I don't see a link anywhere to click on if you have lost your password....
  8. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

The WP Plugin that I have is only to integrate the small calendar into the sidebar. It would be of no use to you here.

I don't think any data is missing.. what I'm seeing is a completely different list of events. Almost as if you had a $showCat set to hide some private events, and you've flipped the bit around on the new site.... showing the private events instead of hiding them.

I can't help you for your password or email... I'm just a user like you. I'd say open a support ticket.
  9. Brian has a message saying he won't be able to answer tickets until next week.

I never changed anything. Look at the 2 pages again. The URL w/o the IP has lots of events listed. The URL with the IP only has a few. The only thing I did was moved the DB over to inside the WP DB.
  10. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

I will answer tickets. But it may just take a little longer since I don't always have internet access right now. :)
  11. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Look at the list of events closely. They don't match. None of the events from one calendar is on the other calendar. So it's either you imported a different website's table, or like I said earlier, there's some filtering going on that isn't configured the same as before.

[some time elapses for a bit of Googleing]

Actually... would you look at that... http://www.westdeptford.com/calendar.shtml

That's the list of events that are on your new website :) Granted not all the events are there, but I'll make a wild guess and say that all the events that are shown on your IP website are all recurring events with no end. And since West Deptford has stopped using the calendar (seems like they're now using Google Calendar) it would make perfect sense that only stale recurring items are showing up.

As an aside, I will make a request, on Brian's behalf, that you remove the image of the EPC Calendar on West Deptford's homepage.

PS: Brian, his ticket relates to password changes on the forum - not this thread in particular.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.