1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

module probs

Discussion in 'PHP-Nuke Integration' started by servant, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. servant

servant ya mums a php calendar

hey
    i just got my new server running
    http://youth.kardinia.org.au/ and i have epc running great on it
    but on the module it doesnt fit in the space provided
    i cant find any settings that are effecting this.

also has anyone thought about remaking the module so it has a add event part, and text feilds ect that send it to the sql db?
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Seems like you got the calendar to fit properly.

As far as adding such functionality, it's not something that is supported (yet). This would involve lots of work and with a new version so close, it doesn't make much sense. This is something that I will investigate once version 7 comes out.
  3. servant

servant ya mums a php calendar

4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

5. As far as letting users add events, what about designing a php form that adds an event directly to the MySQL table without going thru EPC? As a workaround for 6 until 7 is released.
  6. WHOA!! I swear I only hit the "Post Quick Reply" button once and look down at what happened... :-( sorry!

Using FireFox 2.0 on Kubuntu 6.10 "Edgy"

(update.... a bunch of extra posts seem to have corrected and disappeared)
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  7. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

@Servant: Your problem there is how wide the List mode is. Look into /calendar/templates/ for the template you're using (modern.php or monthly.php). Modify the width from the CSS at the top of the file.

@Wakalapi: This is possible, and would be the way that I would tackle it, but since V6 is in feature-freeze, I don't really want to concentrate my efforts on it. If I do get some free time, it is something that I will look into.
  8. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Adding the row to the mySQL database is not the problem. It's converting the date and time to the correct format to make sure that the events you add through your own form match up to the correct dates once displayed in the calendar. There is also a very closely guarded secret about the calculations required to display recurring/floating events.
  9. so, if I understand correctly, is it in fact impossible to create your own add event-form that puts the data directly into the database, because we don't know the calculations for floating events?

would someone who does have access to these codes be willing to create a custom add event-form for us if we pay extra?
  10. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

There is no one, except for Brian, who has access to the code.

It isn't impossible to create a form to add events, it's the displaying of events that is the tricky bit. To get a basis on what is is you need to gather, copy the form that is used for the Events Administrator. You'll have to figure out the mySQL backend for properly inserting the row in the datbase on your own.

At the moment, I have so many things on my plate already that I cannot take on this project myself. And I do think that this is already on the wishlist and a possibility for version 7, so it would be wasted effort to make one for v6.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.