1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Modify navigation table

Discussion in 'Customizations (Themes / Templates)' started by kjd, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjd

kjd New Member

First of all, great software. Easy to set up and configure!

I have seen an installation of EPC on another site (that I can't locate now) where the navigation table used Previous, Next and View Larger instead of <<, >> and =.

Previous and Next were easy to correct in the setup manager. Modifying the middlenav link to point to a separate page has got me puzzled. Is it even possible in this version of EPC, or was that an older version that was not encrypted?

Also, in the CSS for the popup, what do I need to modify in order to have less whitespace between entries? When there is a full day of classes the list is much longer than the screen.

http://alldogstraining.net/classes.php
    http://alldogstraining.net/calendar2.php

Thanks

KJ

2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

You can disable the regular navigation table (either in the Setup Manager, or by using $noNav=1; on a single page) and create your own by following these instructions.

3. kjd

kjd New Member

I have already read the tutorial but have not been able to insert a link that will appear. I can change the word, or kill it but an active link causes a page failure or some other php error.

KJ

4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

So, you disabled the calendar navigation using the noNav option, then inserted your own navigation code (copy/paste) from the aforementioned tutorial link, and you can't change the middle link to point to a page?

Please provide a link to the page where you're testing this and let us know exactly what you're trying to do. :)

5. kjd

kjd New Member

Thanks for the quick replies. I stepped away for a while and tried again. Only thing I think I changed was the doctype (strict to transitional) and now it's working. Maybe something else was happening at the time.

Here's the result I wanted.

http://alldogstraining.net/classes2.php

Any ideas on the extra white space in the popups on the normal calendar, for example June 9 or June 23?

Thanks again.

KJ

6. Brian

The extra space is being put in there by your CSS

body {
    background: #46b0f2 url(../image/main-bg.jpg) repeat-x;
    color: #2e2d2c;
    text-align: center;
    font: 1em/1.5em Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    }

7. kjd

kjd New Member

So it's the font tag 1em/1.5em that is doing it? I don't see anything else that can add height. Since this is used throughout the website, what compound selector can I use to correct the popup?

I have already put {line-height: normal} tags in all of the esstyle.css tags that seem to relate (popupDate, popupEventDate, popupEventDescription, popupEventTime, popupEventTitle) but I may have missed one.

KJ

8. Brian

If you put something in the primary body tag, it is telling the page that everything should have this behavior.

9. kjd

kjd New Member

I am aware of that. It's why I put those tags there.

I would like to override it for one instance, not the entire website. Is it possible to add a modifier to some tag created by EPC that will alter this one set of instances instead of adding height tabs to everything else?

There is a #overDiv tag created somewhere (outside the <table> tag. This is must be in the overlib files or something. Can I modify the CSS of this tag, or will it cause other problems?

KJ

10. kjd

kjd New Member

I created a line-height rule for the ID #overDiv. It corrected the problem and does not seem to have caused any issues anywhere else.

Problem solved.

KJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.