1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Mambo module and file directory

Discussion in 'Mambo/Joomla Integration' started by swimmrguy, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmrguy

swimmrguy Calendar User

I have just purchased EPC and I think I have it set up OK. I was able to install and run the demo version. Now this time, I installed in under my mambo (actually using Joomla!) directory.

However, I am not running Joomla from root, but under a sub directory called "site." And when I add publish the EPC module onto a joomla page, the title is there, but there is no calendar. Is the module expecting it to be in a specific directory? If so, is there an easy way to modify this? Or do I need to have the mambo/joomla installed in the root directory?

Sorry if this is a basic question...I am new to both mambo and EPC.

Bob
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

I haven't had any experience with Joomla yet, but will be looking into it and seeing how to make the module work.
  3. swimmrguy

swimmrguy Calendar User

Thanks for the reply.

Joomla was said to be backwards compatible with Mambo, so I had hoped that it would simply work the same as it is supposed to with Mambo. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't because I had installed the calendar into a different directory than the module expected.

Bob
  4. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Well, for the mambo module to work, it says to install the calendar in

/*your_mambo_root*/modules/calendar/

I don't know if Joomla! uses the same folder structure, but putting it there might work.
  5. swimmrguy

swimmrguy Calendar User

Ah ha! I had the new module, but was using an old set of instructions. I was using the instructions I found in a previous posting--which directed to install the calendar in a directory off of modules called "escal."

I have now installed EPC into "calendar" and the module is now working!
  6. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Great to hear!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.