1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Macs hang at client location after edit

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Mobius, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I already had posted about this issue but that thread has been closed.

http://www.easyphpcalendar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14660&highlight=mac hang

Since then I have taken a mac laptop that was tested successfully in my office out to the client location. After connecting to the client network the test mac laptop also exhibited the behavior which is that the browser page hangs after adding, editing or deleting an event. Note that the page does free up in 5-10 minutes. It is not useful after so much delay but it is different than most hangs which are permanent. Anyway, I also tried using Windows browsers inside of parrellels just to make sure the issue was not related to mac browser software. The browsers inside of parrellels hang just as they did in the mac demonstration. PC's at the client location are unaffected. My uneducated guess is that the issue is somewhere inside the mac network drivers but I don't really know.

Also, I did a fresh install of the latest calendar update. I used the current database but all the files are new and were installed by the automated installer.

I would like to know if you have any suggestions to resolve this problem.

In the likely event that you do not I would like to discuss rememdies.

Our preferred remedy would be to disable the redirect to the even manager that occurrs after an event edit. There is already a link on that screen to manually go there and the client, if they are quick enough, can already click that link to avoid the hang situation. If that redirect can be blocked we are good to go. The problem is that the redirect is somewhere in the encrypted part of the application so I can't make that update myself. Can you supply me with that update? I am sure that the coding to do this is almost negligible.

The second, much less preferred option would be to host the calendar on a different server which we believe will also rememdy the situation. My question here is does the software license cover subdomains?

Chris
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

There was a bug discovered yesterday in our tester code that may have pointed you to incorrect calendar files that are compatible with your server.

Please run our update tester script and download the recommended files then upload just the events, functions, setup and plugins directories and see if this helps.
  3. Where do I get the update tester script?

Where do I get the update tester script?
  4. Brian

It's on our Free download page.
  5. Mac hangs

I ran the test and here is the only change that was suggested:

To upgrade from version 4.0.9 to version 4.0.10 of the ionCube Loader, please replace your existing loader file, ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so, with the file of the same name from one of the following packages:

This seems to be to slight and update to be of any consequence. What are your thoughts?

Chris
  6. Brian

Can you try upgrading that first? There may be a bug in there somewhere.

If that doesn't work, open a support ticket so I can get you some test files.
  7. Upgrade completed - no dice

The IonCube service has been updated on the server with no change in the hanging problem on macs at their location when they add/modify/delete an event.
  8. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Do you have a public link to your installation, or is that hosted on an internal server?
  9. link

http://uplandcds.org/calendar_upland3/calendar/

This is the link to the event manager. I installed it in parrellel to the original installation but using the same database. I have some custom code on the front end that I developed a long time ago. I didn't want to have to redevelop it if I didn't have to. Since the issue is in the event manager that didn't seem like it would be an issue. The original installation is at /calendar_upland/

Chris
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.