1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Loading Dates and events

Discussion in 'General Support' started by RockyRR, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyRR

RockyRR New Member

My calendar works fine when I enter dates and events via the Event Manager.

However, I have a problem when I load about 200 events into the escEvents table in the MySql DB.

The data in the data base looks good. I used a 'csv' file to load the data.

My problems are in the calendar display. They are:

1. Although all the dates in the DB are good, when I view events via event manager, the first half (approx.) of the list all have a date of 12-31-1969 (data in event field is ok).

2. Also, when I view the actual calendar, the only events that show up are those that I manually entered. None of the events I loaded show on the monthly calendar (no colored day or hand and popup message).

Am I missing something, or can't I load up the DB this way?

Thanks,
    Rocky

P.S. It's a really nice little calendar.

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

My guess is that the dates you imported into the database are in MM-DD-YYYY format?

SQL explicitly expects YYYY-MM-DD for the format of dates.

Could this be it?

3. RockyRR

RockyRR New Member

Papa,

The dates on the MySql DB are in the correct format (YYYY-MM-DD). I converted my data to a csv file using Excel; I opened the file in Notepad to verify it; then, loaded it into the table (along with the other data). Looks fine! I can send you a screenshot if that would help.

Any other ideas? :)

Thanks,
    Rocky

4. Brian

A screen-shot and links sounds good. If you can PM me access to your AE file so I can look at what's happening.

5. Brian

The problem lies in the way the scripts determine the current date which is used for marking the calendar. It is based on the Unix timestamp which is the number of seconds since 01-01-1970. Anything before that date will default to 12-31-1969.

6. RockyRR

RockyRR New Member

Brian,

Ok, thanks for the feedback!

Rocky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.