1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Invalid Calendar Access using MySQL DB

Discussion in 'General Support' started by agladson, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was successful in creating a MySQL Db for my PHP Calendar. I successfully ran the setupSQL.php and have received a successful connection message from my Setup screen in the database link.

Yet, when I go to Events/index.php or try to display connection, I get an Invalid Access Message everytime I access the db. On the Events/index.php, it says Invalid Access - 8 when I display calendar. Oddly enough, I can click on Add Event, it will save changes, still showing Invalid Access - 8. If I go look at DB in PHPAdmin on my web site, I can see the table and records added.

When I try to display in Calendar.php, I get Invalid Access - 12 message displaying.

Is there some place other than setup.php where I need to set the user name/password to access the db? Is that why these invalid access messages are coming?

Is there a place where I can get a list of what the Invalid Access codes are? What does an 8 mean? what does a 12 mean, etc.

Any information would be helpful. I would like to get this calendar running on mysql db.
  2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Is this a new install?

Invalid Access - 8 means that there is data missing from the config.inc.php file.
  3. Yes - this is a new install

Yes -- This is a new install in a new host environment.

First I created a database and user/password in my host environment.

2nd I went to Setup/Index.php in PHP Calendar and gave connection information in database link. It said it connected and proceeded to run setupSql.php. Asked to create new Calendar Tables, I responded yes and it created it.

Now I get Invalid access anytime I look at it in PHP Calendar. I see that the table is in MySql using pHPADMIN on my host and furthermore, there are calendar entries in the table from the Events/index.php if I do an add event, all the while, getting invalid access.

We did move this from one host to another and are working to straighten out the license key. We don't have the new license key in there. Could this affect it?
  4. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

Please open a support ticket and attach your config.inc.php file from the calendar directory on the server.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.