1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Intergrating with other site features

Discussion in 'General Support' started by jspe377523, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jspe377523

jspe377523 New Member

Hi there,

I think the calendar is great, but I have a question I cannot seem to find an answer to.

I would like to display the calendar data else where in my site however:

My host has not enabled the calendar functions and there for i dont seem to be able to use the jdtounix function for instance. Is it possible to convert the julian date in the database to something more 'friendly' such as 1st January etc

I cannot load extensions using dl() either :(

I am sure it can be done cos the calendar popups show friendly dates. I have spent most of the day looking over php.net manuals trying stuff there and would love some pointers or some help.

Thanks very much
    James

ps if i am being unclear then let me know.

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

You may want to Google for a function that can convert the Julian format without PHP's calendar functions. (I had this somewhere before... If I find it, I'll post it...) :)

3. jspe377523

jspe377523 New Member

Thanks Bran,

Your help will be great and i will keep an eye out. Have been googling all day!! hehe Anyway I will keep looking.

Cheers
    James

4. jspe377523

jspe377523 New Member

Dare I ask how the calendar popups do this?

5. jspe377523

jspe377523 New Member

Not sure but i think i got this finally!!!!

<?php $unixtimestamp = ($row_recordset ['startdate'] - 2440587.5) * 86400; echo date( "jS F" , $unixtimestamp )?>

Sees to be showing the correct dates in my array for my list of events!

I am surprised it is so easy. But I am still interested in the other stuff.

Thanks again.
    James

6. jspe377523

jspe377523 New Member

I have worked this through on a number of pages now and decided my last post works fine.

Infact I am now working through the process of using the calendar table in the database to host all of the event information for my entire site. I used to manage 3 different tables for different reasons, I will now use just 1! Excellent!

Thanks once again, I know I have said it alot but its a great calendar, well worth it.

Cheers
    James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.