1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Integrating on to Webpage

Discussion in 'Installation / Upgrade Questions' started by StownFBLA, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StownFBLA

StownFBLA New Member

Attached Files:

2. Brian

Brian EPC Developer Staff Member

You have some structural problems with your page. There are two sets of HTML tags, BODY tags, etc. That's really messing up the code for the page.

Please see the Integration section of the instructions for details on how to add the calendar code to your own pages.

3. StownFBLA

StownFBLA New Member

Can you help me? If you delete the second set of html codes and add the other ones for me? I have tried it my self by following the integration.

4. Brian

Please zip and attach a copy of the code for your page.

5. StownFBLA

StownFBLA New Member

I am getting this error message when I put the EPC code in my page:

Warning: main(calendar/calendar.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/stownfbl/public_html/nonflash/test.php on line 6

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'calendar/calendar.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/stownfbl/public_html/nonflash/test.php on line 6

And I know what it is; however I don't know what to do. For some reason it is not going to the file.

6. StownFBLA

StownFBLA New Member

I have sort of fixed the error. But now It just doesn't want to show up. I have created a test file and it worked on there; however, when I want to up the other graphics and tables and stuff of my webpage it doesn't show up.

7. Brian

Where you have require("calendar/calendar.php"), try changing it to require("../calendar/calendar.php").

8. Syntex

Syntex New Member

9. Brian

Most servers don't parse PHP on .htm pages. Try changing the page name to tourney.php and see if it will work then.

10. Syntex

Syntex New Member

I will try to drop it into a frame. But, I need to disable the list below the calendar to make it work. How do I do that. The mouseover and popup function will work fine if I can just remove that list.....Any suggestions

11. Brian

Please see the Integration section of the instructions. It will detail how to do this. :)

12. Syntex

Syntex New Member

Brian,

Ok let me start by letting you know that I know almost nothing about this stuff....So here we go:

Now it's working http://www.catchingbass.net/tourney.php But, I have to use two entries to make the mouse over work. If I use the <center><?php $OL=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?></center> by itself I get nothing.

By accident and in fustration I added <center><?php include("calendar/calendar.php"); ?></center> below it which is something I learned from another page and the calendar showed up with mouseover.

Now, If I remove the <center><?php $OL=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?></center> the calendar is still there with no mouseover. So, I have to use both to get it to work....I am sure something is wrong I just dont know what it is. Any Ideas.

Thanks Again!

13. Brian

<center><?php $OL=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?></center> is not the proper way to add this code.

As per the example in the documentation, the OL code should appear immediately below <body> like this:

<body>
    <?php $OL=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>

14. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Syntex: This is exactly how it is designed to operate. You are supposed to add both those lines. But as Brian described, you haven't followed the integration instructions.

This line adds only the code that makes the mouse-over popup work
    <?php $OL=1; require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>

Then you need to add this line to make the calendar appear...
    <?php require("calendar/calendar.php"); ?>

With only the first, you won't see anything on the front end... It only adds stuff in the code. With only the second one, the mouse-over won't work... So, no, nothing is wrong with your installation. But do fix where you added your first line like Brian said.

15. Syntex

Syntex New Member

Thanks alot guys, I didn't understand that I needed both lines to make it work. In anycase, This is a great calendar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.