1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Images not showing in event details

Discussion in 'General Support' started by BlissC, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlissC

BlissC New Member

I've a slight problem with images in event details not showing up on pop-ups. Most of my events have got a small icon in the "event details", but it doesn't show up consistently.

The paths to the images are all correct, but when viewing the calendar in Event Manager the image shows up on the pop-ups for only one series of events (the first one I set up). All the others don't show up on the on-hover pop-up, but when you click the "more" link in the event details to view the full event details, there it is! For a very small number of events, no icon's showing up at all on any of the views, despite the code for it being in there and being the correct path.

I'm finding the same thing in the "live" version of the calendar that's integrated into my site - icon doesn't show up on the pop-up for the majority of events, but shows on the full details pop-up.

The EPC version is 6.3.29 (the encoder's Zend), and the HTML editor I have installed is TinyMCE. I've not tried it in IE, but it's doing it (or rather, not doing it) in the Google Chrome browser and Firefox.

Anyone any clues as to why the images aren't showing up?

2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

If your description is getting cut off because it is too long, then the HTML code gets stripped. You can change the limit where the description will get cut off (by default 99 characters).

The HTML gets stripped to ensure that the description wouldn't get cut off mid-tag, potentially causing havoc with the display.

3. BlissC

BlissC New Member

Thanks! That's solved it! The image tag's at the start of the description though - does it strip the tags from the beginning of the description?

Anyway, limit upped and problem solved - thanks!

4. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

Yes it strips all HTML from the description and then counts the characters to display after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.