1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To combat forum spam, new accounts will need to make at least one (valid) post.
    Otherwise, we will periodically purge all users without posts or that haven't confirmed their account.

Image upload function

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Island, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm looking for a calendar script that can be used by staff and board members of a non-profit with no html experience -- this script looks perfect, except that I need an image upload function so they can post a picture with each event quickly and without having to separately ftp upload a picture.

I see in this thread http://www.easyphpcalendar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2734&highlight=image upload there was at least one other person wanting this, but I don't see anything on it since that thread in 2004. Any way to implement this easily?
  2. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

There is no image upload feature available as part of the calendar. There might be some options in the HTML editors area, but you'd have to check their configuration on your own. You can also add it to the Features Request forum for version 7.
  3. Thanks ve9gra --

Can you give me more info on how to go about this? (brand new to Easy PHP Calendar, probably should have posted this in presales as I don't know anything about how the html editor(s) are integrated into easy php calendar...)
  4. P.S. I can't because that forum is marked as private. This is the one dealbreaker feature for me -- otherwise php easy php calendar would be the perfect script. I've been looking for a while now and haven't found another that's close to as nice, but I need an easy way for non-coders to upload images directly when adding events.

Ideally I'd love for it to have the ability to quickly upload images with events as easily as you can attach images to vbulletin posts for example and also include a thumbnail in list mode (so a volunteer or staff member can upload say an 800 px image of a band or performer for the event detail page and then a small thumbnail appears in the list view as well.)
  5. ve9gra

ve9gra Support Team

The forum is private but you are still allowed to post in it. You'll only see your own posts.

Integrating an HTML editor is described in the Online Docs in the Event Manager section. All you need to do is find a compatible HTML editor package, unzip it and upload the whole thing straight to the root of the calendar folder. Then you enable it from the Setup Manager.

The configuration of the editor to allow uploads is not something that we can support. You would have to turn to whichever editor's support team for guidance.
  6. Image uploader

In response to the previous post...I purchased the calendar a couple of days ago and am thrilled--as is my client!

I have a second client now interested in adding to their website (thanks)--but they would also like the image upload feature.

I found that the link you provide in the instructions for TinyMCE (which I installed with no problem)--also offers an image uploader to work with it called: MCImageManager.
    I plan to try it for the 2nd client...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.